Promise

This time Kokichi was investigating with Maki after hanging out with Kaito and Kaede. Seems Kaede doesn't recall the love hotel event, which is probably for the best. Korekiyo seems to be watching Kokichi though and Kokichi is starting to notice.

Kokichi looks at Korekiyo confused who just chuckled and Kokichi sweats nervously as he immediately quickens his pace. Tsumugi asked to hangout with Kokichi again and he decided to humor her for a bit.

Kokichi even listened to Gonta about the tiny bugs he swears he saw since Gonta been looking for them and Kokichi made a mental note to visit Miu again. Kokichi managed to unlock Kaito's lab for everyone to investigate and Maki gave Kokichi a scary death threat when he tried to investigate her lab. He decided not to get on her bad side.

Kokichi felt his head pound in pain and he looked at Maki a bit scared like a deer in headlights, but than he relaxed.

"Hey you okay?" Maki asked.

"Yeah..." Kokichi stares at the floor feeling a bit gloomy.

Kokichi unlocked Ryoma's lab with ease even though it's been locked of since he died. Maki didn't even bother questioning Kokichi on why he knows how to lock pick places.

"Hey... when we're done here... would you hang out with me... it's just... I feel like I'd like to know a bit about you if you don't mind." Maki explains sighing.

Kokichi stares at her and nods slowly, "Okay." He agrees.

It wasn't long after that, that Kokichi hung out with Maki who seemed to be playing with her hair and making a cute face. Kokichi felt more of a pain in his head as he remember her talent, but tried not to show it.

"So... you want to know about me. What would you like to know?" Kokichi asked.

"Well... I guess... Mostly... I'm curious... about the kind of life you lived to get the title of ultimate supreme leader." Maki explains.

"Hmm... probably the same way you got your title of ultimate caregiver..." Kokichi dodged the question.

Maki looks annoyed by that answer, "I mean. It's not like I was trying to be a leader or anything... It just sort of happened... cause... no one else in my group... was able to help us get out of situations except me." Kokichi winced.

"Ah. I see... that makes sense..." Maki relaxed, "Do you like being the ultimate  supreme leader?" Maki asked.

"Not really. Too much responsibility. I just wanted to have fun with my friends and keep them out of trouble so we can keep playing forever." Kokichi honestly explains.

"Huh..." Maki seems surprised by that, "and if Kaito is right. You seemed to have some kind of past you rather ignore... and from the way you act and talk to folk... I feel like despite your carelessness at time or rather your carefreeness. You've had your own dangerous situation that you've had to deal with... Yet you can just shrug it off as if it's nothing..." Maki sighs.

"Well... Id look weak if I freaked about about everything and looked like I had no idea what I was doing. That make me look like a pretty weak leader." Kokichi puts his finger to his lips and chuckled with an impish smile.

"Yeah that's true. I didn't think about that... I guess in that way... you can never show your true colors or you'd damage the faith of those who follow you." Maki bits her thumb, "In a way. You and I... are victims to our talent's nature..." Maki sighed.

"It's a part of us. All we can do is use it the way we want to. And not what others tell us how to us it. If you want to use your talent to protect others. There's nothing stopping you but yourself. Have faith in your skills to deal with the situation but be wise to know what you shouldn't be doing with your talent. You may hate it. It maybe a burden. But it still has its uses..." Kokichi points out, "You just need a new perspective on how to use it in new creative ways." Kokichi offers.