fifteen

"why should i trust you?"

"because when they told you we're the only way you can get home, they weren't lying. i don't know how you got here, but i know damn well you aren't from here and you aren't the first either. i've had to do this before."

nari gulped whatever was left in her mouth to fix her dry throat. she couldn't imagine any reason this woman had to lie, and at this point she was so desperate to fix whatever they got themselves into, it was hard to say no.

"...okay. we have a deal, only if you tell me what will happen to yangyang and shotaro when you get to them."

the woman narrowed her eyes once again. "they'll be locked up. along with the rest of the unfound when we find them, and then we can begin the process of getting this world back to normal. we're not gonna hurt them, don't worry. however, i cannot have them out and about anymore."

there shouldn't have been any reason for nari to feel as guilty as she felt. she hardly knew those two boys, and she felt like she owed it to her friends to get them back home to their lives, even when hers was so shitty. her shoulders relaxed in relief when the woman explained to her that they'd only get locked up as their punishments.

she offered to give nari a meal, and a fresh pair of clothes. nari accepted the clothes but denied the meal, as her stomach was twisting too much and she was afraid she'd throw up whatever went into it.

she couldn't stop thinking about how they'd react knowing she helped these people catch the wanted. there was no telling if this was the right decision, she just crossed her fingers and hoped for the best.

there wasn't much for nari to do anymore. all she had to do, was show them where the others were hiding. it was so simple, but she was practically sweating at this point. once she finished changing, she left the room she was showed to. the door had barely gotten a chance to close when a hand wrapped around her mouth and she was pulled into a different room.

darkness surrounded her once again. she began kicking and muffled screaming was heard through the hand as she tried to free herself from the tight grasp.

"nari—nari, it's me," a somewhat familiar voice said through the dark room. she was released from the grasp and a light was flickered on, giving her a chance to see the face that belonged to whoever just manhandled her into a room.

"what—yangyang? what the hell are you doing here?" she hissed, brushing hair out of her face. yangyang looked taken aback by the tone, expecting her to sound relieved.

she didn't know what it was. she didn't know if she was angry for him lying to her, or scared that she was soon to be out of that building to go searching for him. in all honesty, she was hardly expecting them to get to her, especially not as soon as they did.

"um, i'm getting you out of here. the others are waiting, c'mon," the boy had his hand on the door knob, grabbing onto naris wrist, gently tugging her in the direction of the exit, but she didn't move.