Shot IV

Sai woke up panting

Sai woke up panting. She was having the nightmare again. Since the doctor announced that they should let Virat go forever, she had this nightmare every other day. She could let go everything but him.

She looked at him who was sleeping like a baby beside her. Moving her fingers in his hair she kissed his forehead. She looked at the time and it was already around 7. She was supposed to get up in few minutes.

She wanted to sleep some more but she knew if she slept again she will be late for the appointments she had today. Getting out of the bed, she took her clothes and went in the bathroom.

When she came out after 45 minutes she found her husband sitting on the edge of the bed and thinking something deeply.

"Good morning" Sai's voice brought him out of his dreamland.

"Good mor--" his voice got stuck in his throat once he rose his head to see his wife standing near the bathroom door drying her wet hairs.

"What are you thinking?" Sai asked picking up her dryer from the dressing.

"Nothing important" Virat replied as heat crawled up his cheeks.

"Okay! I have to go in an hour. So, I won't be able to have breakfast with you today. Is that okay?" She asked.

"Yeah!" he replied and entered the bathroom.

When he came out Sai was giving final touches to her makeup. She wasn't a makeup person but she was required to look professional.

Sai smiled at Virat through the mirror who was staring her.

"You look beautiful" Virat said before he could control himself.

Sai's smile widened at his compliment. She mumbled a thank you and started to take out few files from the cupboard. Virat couldn't take his eyes off this woman. She was doing something to him and he loved that.

"Virat I was thinking something" Sai stood right in front of him.

"What is it?" he asked.

"How will an IPS Officer look reporting late to duty?" Sai said looking straight in his eyes.

"Oh No! Don't start again!" Virat said.

"Awwleee! Go now!" Sai said pulling his cheeks irritating him.

"Just 10 minutes darling" Virat left while smirking. Sai too left with reddened cheeks.

"When will you come back?" He asked. He wanted to spend some time with her. He wanted to know her and fall for her again. More importantly give her happiness back.

"I will be back before 12. Call me if you need anything" he nodded. 

"Here you go with your breakfast!" she said while picking up her hand bag.

"Thodhi der ruk jao na" Virat held her wrist and Sai smiled in response. 

"Kyu?" She asked