Shot VII

Sai moved nervously around her room

Sai moved nervously around her room. How is she going to tell this to Virat? Will he be mad? These were the only thoughts she was having since evening.

The door bell rang indicating that Virat was back from work. She haven't even chopped the veggies yet for dinner. The door bell rang again and without wasting another moment she went to open the door.

"Hi!" she smiled seeing her husband.

"Hey!" he pecked her on her lips.

"How was your day?" she asked closing the door.

"Tiring" he sat on the sofa and threw his cap & holster in one corner.

"Here" she forwarded him a glass of cold water and he gulped it down in one go. "Want more?" she asked and he shook his head.

"Before I forget I need your help" Virat said.

"Help? In what?" she sat next to him.

He took out a blue file for his bag and gave it to her.

"What is this?" she asked.

"Khud hi dekh lo" he said excited.

"Ok" she took the file from his hands confused.

"Woww! Virat! I am so happy today." she screamed.

"Oh my beautiful lady! Ek secret batau?!" he pulled her by waist.

"Hmm" she looked straight in his eyes.

"Itna chilaogi tho, I will be surely deaf someday." he whispered and started laughed.

"You are too bad. I was just showing my happiness that you are promoted." she pouted.

"Aww! I'm sorry." he cutely said to which she melted.

"DCP Virat Chawhan! Sounds so cool na" she dreamily said.

"I love you Sai! Without your support I wouldn't have done this. You supported me enough that I was able to trust my abilities again." he asked.

"I love you too. I will be there for you always." she hugged him.

"I know! I love you for that." he kissed her hairs softly.

"I am hungry, first lets eat something" he said after a pause.

"Okay!" she replied.

"What's for dinner?"

"I haven't prepared anything yet"

"Are you okay?" Virat asked.

"I guess so. Can we please order today? I don't feel like cooking" she sighed.

"Of course we can. What do you want to eat?"

"Maybe some biryani" she said.

"I will order it" he fished out his phone.

"No. You go and change, I will place the order" she said and took his phone.

Once they finished their dinner Virat retired to their room and Sai cleaned the mess. Switching off the kitchen light and checking the door she too went in their bedroom. On entering the room she found her husband comfortably sitting there and doing something on his phone. He looked at her and winked. Her cheeks became red. She hurriedly grabbed her clothes and went to change.

When she came out she found Virat sitting in the same position and busy with his phone. She got on the bed and snuggled close to her husband.

"Hi!" she whispered.

"Hello" he said wrapping his arms around her and pulling her closer.

"I missed you" he hid his face in the crook of her neck and inhaled her fragrance.

"I missed you too" she placed a soft kiss on his neck.

"Virat there is something you need to know" she said.

"Right now?" he asked kissing her sweet spot. She wasn't able to form words so she nodded.

"Is everything okay?" he asked worriedly.

"I am pregnant" she said and he stilled.

"You are?" he asked trying to confirm that what he heard was right. She nodded.

"I took the test today. Not one not two but five of them and all of them says that I am pregnant" she said.

"Oh my god! I am going to be a father?" he asked her. She nodded.

He immediately engulfed her in a warm hug and continued repeating that he is going to be a father. Tears of happiness rolled down their cheeks as they embraced eachother.

"I can't tell you how happy I am right now. Thank you Sai. I love you so much" he said with teary eyes.

"I love you too" she said.

"But I think I love the baby little more than you" he said and she giggled.

"What do you want? Girl or boy?" she asked.

"No choice in the first one but the second one should be of opposite gender" he said and she smiled.

"Don't you think we should celebrate this happiness?" he asked.

"We should" and with that she crashed her lips on his.

Although after so many years Virat doesn't remember anything and chances are he would never recall his past but both of them were fine with it. They were together and happy and that's all they want. Talking about memories they can always make more.

~ The End~

Share your views!

There are some loopholes. Please ignore.

I know you guys aren't satisfied with the ending, I am too.

Apologises for ending it abruptly. 🙏

Will meet with another interesting story!

Thank you for reading, voting & commenting.

Grateful forever!