Chapter 4

As we walked home from school, Michael actually sang for me, which was surprising considering his shyness. As we walked, he sang "Hollywood Swinging" by Kool and the Gang. He would make funny noises, almost like hiccups, as the sang. He danced on the sidewalk in such a funny way, almost like a scarecrow! I was bubbling over with giggles.

"Hey, me and my brothers are going to come out and skate later. Want to come?", he asked.

"I would...but, I don't know how to skate very well. I have my own pair and everything, it's just really challenging."

"It's okay Soraya, I'll teach you.", he said with a big grin on his face.

"Well...

He stuck his bottom lip out in a pouting way.

...okay!"

I smiled as he started to dance a funny jig on the sidewalk.

"Hey Soraya! What if every time I stepped on a square in the sidewalk, it GLOWED?! That would be awesome! I'd dance around just to see the light shine under me, like an angel."

I giggled at his excited nature as we made our way to my house.

"Let me go get my skates and helmet and I'll be out in a second, okay?", I told him.

"Don't keep me waiting long.", he said in a suave voice.

I turned around to see him smirking with one eyebrow pushed up. I, once again, giggled at his silliness.

This day just keeps getting better and better.