Chapter 14

Michael and I have been talking on the phone for almost a month and a half now. It's been the most blissful time of my life.

Now, with only a few months until summer, I've been patiently preparing for Michael's arrival. I have a giant surprise for when he comes back. Gary will never be the same.

I've also been pleading with my mom to go back to California with Michael. I applied for a private school there, and I've been accepted! I'll be a junior there in the fall, if she lets me go.

But so far, she sees no viable reason for letting me go, no matter how much I beg. But, when Michael comes back, everything will fall into place. She'll have no reason to NOT let me go.

18 March 1974:

You've made it this far, so there's no turning down the feelings we have! By now, we should have communicated a number of times, so that you don't feel strained of me and vice-versa.

Joseph has been on me a lot lately. More practices, more singing, and more WORK than I already have. I guess it's getting closer to my departure time. I still don't know when I'm leaving, he won't tell me yet. I guess I won't know until a week before.

Soraya, please don't give up on me. I'm trying hard to get where I can be with you. It's going to take hard work, but I need you to have faith in me. I need you to look past the physical and focus on the spiritual. My soul is with you, and it will never leave until I come back to get it...and you. Take good care of it, love it, and nurture it for me, because it won't be able to survive, where I'm going. That's all I need. Can you do that for me?

Yes Michael, I can and I will.