two/party,

"wow, this place is huge!" Rory exclaimed when we got to the ceremony. "do we have to walk down those stairs?" I asked my mom. "I'm afraid so. unless you want to make a memorable entrance and just slide down the banister, which I encourage." my mom replied. "you are?" a lady with a clipboard asked. "Lorelai Gilmore." Rory replied. "and I'm Grace Gilmore." "late." the clipboard lady interrupted. "sorry my fault. took me a while to get pretty. not all of us are seventeen anymore are we?" my mom replied. "you are to head upstairs. the preparation room is on the right." the lady told Rory and me. "look for the toxic cloud of Chanel and final net." my mom said. Rory and I walked upstairs to the preparation room. we sat down at two mirrors next to each other. "can't believe we have an hour and a half." Rory said to a girl to the left of her. "I know I'm never going to be ready. I'm Libby." the girl replied. "Rory," Rory replied. "Gracie," I added in. we got dressed in our dresses and shoes. Rory was wearing a white dress with a corset top and fluffy bottom. her shoes were plain white heels with a buckle. her hair in a high bun. I was wearing a white silk dress with a half up half down, with a white bow in the back. my shoes were a mix between white and silver. we were standing in line, where jess and dean met us. "hey," jess said, hugging me from behind. "hi!" I said, oddly cheery. "scared?" he asked. "terrified." finally the walking down the stairs part was over. when we were ready to waltz, jees whispered in my ear, "you look perfect," I smiled and replied, "thank you, sorry for dragging you here," "you fine, even though this is brutal, you owe me now," he replied. "what do you mean?" I asked. "I mean you have to be my girlfriend because you owe me." he told me. "can you live with that?" he added. after the dance we all went home, and we dropped dad off at home and he went back to Boston with his new girlfriend, sherry, so we went to luke's. we sat down, luke took our orders, gave them back, and then jess came downstairs. he was wearing a flannel and a backward hat due to the talk luke gave him last time he worked with the alien t-shirt. "what do you think you're doing?" luke asked. "working." jess replied. "so you think this is funny, huh?" luke asked. "I'm sorry, I thought this was the uniform," jess fired back. "okay you know what? have your little joke. doesn't bother me at all." luke snapped back. jess went back to work and luke flipped, which meant jess ran upstairs. we finished dinner and went back home. I told mom and Rory what happened with jess, and Rory replied by saying, "now we can go on double dates!" "uh, I mean,"

six days later, Rory and I were back at school. it was lunch and I was sitting with my usual table, pairs, Tristan, Lousie, parker, Madeline, but Rory was in the library during lunch today so she didn't make it. they were talking about the newest party on Friday. I was bored. the rest of the school day was boring as well. FINALLY, we were home. I went into my room and started doing my homework. about an hour and a half went by and my mom asked me, "we're heading to luke's! are you hungry?" "I'll have some fries!" I replied. "okay we're eating there, so we'll be back in about an hour!" my mom yelled up. "okay!" I replied. I heard the door shut. I thought about what I was doing after school and completely forgot grandma asked me to invite jess to Friday night dinner. I knew jess didn't want to go, and I knew if I didn't show up with jess id be screwed. so I ran downstairs and found the phone. I dialed the number and he picked up. "jess! I have to ask you a big favor!" I exclaimed. "uh okay, what is it?" he asked. "so basically my grandma invited Rory and me to bring a guest to this Friday night dinner, which means-" "you have to invite your boyfriends," he interrupted. "yep," I replied. "Gracie," he said, with an annoyed tone. "please jess! I know the past to Friday's you've tried to get me out of this, and I promise to clear my schedule for the next two weekends all for you, whatever you want to do I'll do it,"  I replied, talking fast. "fine but three weekends and anytime int the week," he said. "deal." I replied. "what time tomorrow?" he asked. "hmm six o'clock," I replied. I told him the address and he replied, "okay our deal starts now, come over." "what?" I asked, somewhat laughing. "come over." he said. "I can't," I replied. "what about our deal?" he asked. "I have to study," I replied. "study here." he said. "i-" I tried to say. "hmm should I cancel dinner tomorrow?" he replied. "nope! I'll be there in less than twenty minutes!" I replied, hanging up the phone. I grabbed my books, put on my jacket, and headed out the door.