three/the dinner:)

playlist: https://open.spotify.com/playlist/0QenzOoBurZ4cGE3AeZM8Q?si=14f7587c84b14c93

outfit: https://www.pinterest.com/pin/661958845233343462/

The next day, at about six, Rory, mom, and I headed to the inn, and got everything ready for the official 'town slumber party'! At about six, Babette and Morey arrived, which meant they were our first guests. "Hello, dolls!" Babette squealed when the bell boys grabbed their bags. "hi Babette! hey, morey!" I babbled. I made eye contact with both of them. Babette looked like a sun you'd find in a cartoon, with a broad smile, making her look like she was squinting. Her golden blonde hair and freckles just complement the look. Morey on the other hand looked like he had just taken a big bite of a lemon. "what's wrong?" I questioned Morey. "he thinks being early ruins his street cred," Babette replied. "Ah!" I acknowledged. Rory gave them their key and room number. They headed up to their rooms. Lane, Kim, and Pairs arrived. Then Dean. "hey!" I said coming up to him. "Hey, Gracie! you're just the person I was looking for!" Dean said. I was confused so I asked, "what do you mean?" "Your boyfriend got into a big fight at school today," he explained. "with you?" I asked, concerned. Dean was tall. He was probably the tallest guy I knew, besides Morey. "no he tried it on me," he replied. "He hit you?" I asked. "he tried. He got into a fight with his random blonde and then when I tried to break it up he started it on me," he explained. "Don't ask me to explain that jerk" he replied. "I see Rory, I better leave," he added, walking away. I made eye contact with him, and he waved scrunching his hands. I gave him my most disappointed look and walked away.

Jess's point of view:

Even when she was angry with me she was flawless. She was wearing a lavender silk dress, with white high heels. I knew Dean must have just told her about the fight at school. Shit. How could I possibly explain that to her? "what's up with her?" Luke asked. I didn't like how he was always nosy about everything. I mean I know I'm his responsibility or whatever, but it doesn't give him a right to ask questions about everything. I'm just not used to someone caring about where I was or what I was doing. For example, if my mom saw someone walk away from me back in NYC, she wouldn't give a care in the world. So I'm convinced that mom and Luke aren't related and one is adopted. "nothing," I told him. "Follow after her you idiot," he replied, smacking the back of my head. I rolled my eyes.

Gracie's pov:

I was talking to grandma and grandpa when I saw Jess behind me. "excuse me." I said to my grandparents, walking over to Jess. "hey!" he said when I walked over to him. "why would you do that?" I questioned. "what are we talking about?" he asked, stupidly. "The fight," I replied. He had this clueless look on his face like he had no clue what I was talking about. He tilted his head to the side, like a puppy, and said, "not recalling." "the one with Dean," I said, crossing my arms. "I wouldn't call it a fight," he replied. When I lost all my cool at this point, I said, "Fine. Just don't do it again," he replied, so I walked back to my mom. before I could get a word in she had to give some speech. She told us that there were horse-drawn sleighs and everyone was outside. Of course, I wasn't willing to miss this so I grabbed my coat and headed outside. I figured I'd be paired up with Kirk or someone, but I never imagined I was paired up with Jess. I rolled my eyes and stepped onto the sleigh. Jess followed. "I truly apologize for my actions," he said. "Jess, I'm not a fan of Dean either, but when you throw punches at him, he goes on and tells Rory, then Rory goes on and tells my mom, then both Rory and my mom are mad at me, and I have to deal with the consequences," I replied. He looked at me. I felt him look at me. It felt like he could see right through me. I still don't know if I hated or liked this feeling. "I won't do it again," he told me. "Promise?" I questioned. "Promise." He replied putting his arm around my shoulder. "you're not mad at me anymore, are you?" he added. "not at the moment," I said looking at him. he kissed me. I smiled. I put my head on his shoulder. "do you have school tomorrow?" he asked. "two-hour delay," I replied. I could see that he was confused. "which means school starts two hours later," I added. "ah," he replied, with a smile. "so you have to get up early tomorrow?" he added. "so do you, right?" I asked. "Nah, some Jewish holiday," he replied. I nodded. we got to the town center and it looked so magical. "it's so pretty," I said. "it looks the same," he said. "not at this time of year, it looks magical," I replied. "if you say so," he said. "I do," I replied. we got back to the inn, and I went to find my mom. when I found her she said, "dinner's staring, go get a seat!" she kind of whispered that. I didn't know why but I got a feeling that she didn't want me next to her, but I put that feeling away and found a seat in the dining room. I found jess and we sat down, next to Rory, who was next to dean, who was next to Clara, who was next to Lane, who was next to Mrs. Kim, and so on.