Chapter seven

'The Art cave!' Frostbite said as the two Tribreeds rushed to find their winglet.

Darkflame nodded and he turned with her into the destination.

Frost could see Cascade and Umber on the other side of the room, not very interested in the blue-grey frantic dragon. Kinkajou was telling what she saw to Winter and Qibli, who just stared upsettingly at the floor.

"Guys," She spoke.

All the dragons in the room looked up. Cascade rushed towards us.

"Are you all right?" Pulled her away from Dark and hugged her, "wait, are you still grumpy?"

"No- and I'm sorry for snapping," Frost apologized to everyone, "I just- let's say I had a bad dream."

"Your officially forgiven by me- but some others may have some things to tell you," she flicked her tail towards the three gossipers.

Cascade helped her across the room to where the betrayed RainWing, SandWing and IceWing were. Dark followed, sitting next to her.

"Frostbite," Qibli sighed. 'Oh I should of known I didn't have a chance with her,' he thought sadly. Then a shot of anger ran through him, 'Darkflame. He was the one who hurt her, I should go up to him now and claw his eyes out. Why does she love him?' But instead of speaking his thoughts, he settled for, "is it true?"

"Yes," Guilt welled up in her chest, "but- I'm happy, and I love him."

"I thought we had a chance back there," Winter almost whispered, "I guess I was wrong."

Guilt kept on building up inside Frost, growing stronger and stronger.

"I didn't mean to hurt you," She replied to both the boys.

"If you didn't want Qibli to be hurt, you'd go over to him and look at him for who he is, and love it" Kinkajou retorted, "instead, you go for the handsome one- no offence Qibli, and forget about the one who was there first."

Frostbite let out a long sigh, 'how can I convince her that I can't love Qibli the way I love Dark?'

"I do see him for who he is," she argued, trying to push back.

"So you say," The stern RainWing snapped. Where was the old, more jolly Kinkajou go? "If you do, it's obvious that you hate it!"

"I don't hate him," I raised my voice, "I just don't love him the way I love Darkflame. Who by the way, he has an amazing personality too. I love Qibli, and Winter, as friends."

"Well if your friends," she remarked, "you would want to make him happy."

She ripped her guilt out. This was her life, not his. She can love, whom ever she chooses to.

Qibli looked hopefully to me but his mind said, 'she'll never love me. Never."

"You know what?" Frost roared, "I think you don't get one specific fact, Kinkajou."

The RainWing hade a streak of pale green run through her-fear, as she shrank back.

"This is MY life! I get to choose who I love, NOT YOU!" If Frost had RainWing scales, she would look like she was on fire, "I don't get why everyone gets to be happy, except me!"

She wanted to storm out right there. Her leg was in too much pain to put pressure on, so she sat menacingly in one place, glaring at the purple with guilt dragonet.

She heard in the background from Qibli, 'is that smoke coming from her? Impossible. Well, not totally. She is part NightWing, but that means she lied to us.'