Chapter ten

Frostbite loved how the humid air clung to her, she loved how the Jungle was always full of life. She loved how the birds sang and the sun glowed. But what she loved the most is that she was free. No terrible father, no aggravating winglet, and especially no questions. She was free, free and with her new best friend and her love. She was happy that yesterday was her last day as part of the Jade Winglet.

"You look happy," Darkflame chuckled, his obsidian eyes sparkling as they reflected the sunlight.

"It's just great to be free," She sighed, letting the heat soak into her scales.

"We're not totally free yet," he reminded her with a grimace, "we're in your prophesy. We have to stop this mysterious force, whatever it is."

"Or whoever," Terracotta blurted. "I mean, it's not my buisness but, it could be a dragon."

"One that could make lightning crash or the sea rise?" He pondered on the question.

Crashing lightning, earth shaking, sea rising? That sounded like one big storm to her. Crashing lightning- thunderstorm. Earth shaking- earthquake. Sea rising- tsunami. Trees splitting- Tornado. Boulders tumbling- Avalanche.

"Or a storm," Frost almost said in a whisper, "an unnatural one. One caused by a dragon. Or animus magic."

The other two nodded and started to think.

"Halt!" A voice ordered from the treetops, "who are you?"

Frost saw a green outline, and soon it turned into a gold dragon with black marks. It was Mangrove.

"We need to talk to Queen Glory," Frost spoke up, "without being put to sleep."

The RainWing nodded and flicked his tail with no question. Rainbow wings reached out from behind and wrapped around us. She watched as Terracotta and Dark disappear into gold, silver, bronze and black scales. Soon, she was encased by darkness as well and felt like hurling at the constant jerking motion. She felt a rough scratching feeling against her snout as the guards wrapped something around her snout, claws and wings.

'Darkflame?' She reached out.

"Hi, Frost,' he replied.

Good, he was safe. Then a white light filled my vision.

"Your okay?" Her MudWing friend asked, holding her whale bone.

"Ya, so is Dark," Frost answered.

Terracotta smiled and nodded, letting the white fade into black again. She forgot that she enchanted that bone to contact her.

All of a sudden, the jerking movement stopped and turned into a gentle sway. Frost realized her eyes were closed, so she opened them.

The sight was beautiful. The village was laced with flowers and vines. Many huts and hammocks were set up and rainbow RainWings danced through the sunset light.

Frost was in a net, that was made out of thick, woven vine and scratchy twine and bracken. She watched the scenery as the RainWings carried her across it, then looked over to see Darkflame staring contently at her. A thick gag was around his snout, there was one on her too. Beside him was Terracotta, she was rolled into a ball with her eyes scrunched shut.

Looking for ward again, she met emerald eyes. They just floated there, nothing around. They blinked a few times before disappearing. Noticing the eyes belonged to a green outline, she smiled and waved her tied talons.

A muffled giggle came from the large crowd of outlines, and then the group burst into laughter.

'What's so funny?' She thought to herself.