Chapter nine

'To the right,' the flame bringer's mind echoed, 'then she'll be dead.'

"KINKAJOU!" Frostbite screamed, "DODGE LEFT!"

Kinkajou looked at her and then obeyed. A bright flame blasted out beside her, a few inches from grazing her scales.

The three bullies turned and glared at us.

"I'll take the one in the lead," she whispered.

The lead was the largest. He had blood red scales and orange details. He wore a gold armband with a black dragon scull etched into it. The seconded was a flame orange with gold linings, a scar ran over his one eye and down his snout. The last was a deep red with an orange and copper outline, she had a narrow face and a evil grin.

They burst towards them, as did they.

Ice clashed with fire, and they started to battle.

She ripped her serrated claws down his vulnerable belly. Crimson blood poured from his fresh wound.

He screeched in fury and pinned her to the ground. A rumble grew in his throat and flames licked his teeth.

She curled into a ball, making him slip and fall face first into the dirt.

Frost stood up and took three steps back. The outraged SkyWing stood up, smoke curled around his horns. Then his attention turned to her black, crusted wing.

He wiped the dirt off his snout and sneered, "your wing- you can't fly."

His snarl turned into a demented grin, matching his blood shot red eyes.

He flung himself at her and grabbed her.

Slowly but surely, he dragged her up into the sky.

"Wait!" She let fake panic fill her voice, "what are you doing?"

"Getting rid of a strange pest," his eyes glowed maliciously.

"No! Please," she let herself whimper, "at least tell me if my friends are alive."

He pondered, giving her the chance to peak into his brain.

'Ha, why does everyone care about others, it's ruthless.' His mind was dark and resentful. But caring as ruthless? Maybe he should look at his own actions.

"They are," then he paused, "but not for long."

And with that, he let go. Watching her malevolently while she fell to the ground.

"MoonPendant," she spoke, loud enough for her assassin to hear. "The time is now, please heal me."

Opening her wing, a burst of fiery essence ran through her blood. She halted in mid fall.

By now, all the dragons on ground stopped fighting, even the injured looked up to watch.

She slowly landed and tucked her wing in. Plastering a wrathful face, she stared down her snout to see the eight shocked faces of dragons. Kinkajou, Cascade, Winter, Qibli, Umber, Terracotta and the two SkyWings.

A loud thump sounded the arrival of her enemy. She turned to see another shocked face.

"How- you... What?" He stammered.

"Oh- haven't I told you I'm animus? I guess I left that part out," she sarcastically hissed. "Also, what's your name? I'm Frostbite."

"Scar, that's Peregrine and Flame" he said flatly, "why?"

"Because I would like to know the name of my opponent," she dropped into a battle position and added, "before they die."

She lunged at him, barreling into his side. A loud crack sounded from his rib cage. He pushed her away, she rolled and got up immediately.