Part 3

I listen to the phone ring as I wait for Nick to answer, finally the ringing stops

"Nick I nee-" I begin but am cut off

"Y/N would you open the god damn front door already, 5 of you in there an not a single one can open a door" he says sternly 

"umm I- wait you're here? like here, here?" I say confused as i begin to walk towards the front door.

"Yes here, here now hurry up it's hot" he replies as I swing the front door open, he quickly walks through hanging up as i stare at him in shock.

"I thought you were coming next week" I say slowly shutting the front door following him into the kitchen.

"Yeah well I thought I'd come early and plan the service, I've already spoken to the morgue and everything is ready for them. I know you guys are quick grievers and your pa had a letter written for me to take over the service if anything ever happened to him. He wanted it to happen quickly and to be buried over in the back paddock under his gum tree" he continues reading off the piece of paper in his hand throwing all of this information at me knowing that keeping my head overflowed with information keeps me from breaking.

"ok, ok, ok Nick thank you for that and yes you can take over but I need to show you something first" I interrupt causing him to look at me, his eyes fall on my right hand.

"hey what happened there?" he questions pointing his hand out to mine, I quickly grab it and drag him to the bathroom where Blake is still standing. "this was in my hand" I finish pointing at the tracker still sitting on the tissue. Nick walks over slowly bending down looking at it.

"oh shit" he says "put it back in" he adds standing back up and turning around to face Blake. "Blake buddy how are you?" he says as if he never saw the tracker, he pulls Blake into a hug patting him on the back.

"I'm as well I can be I guess" Blake replies.

"where are the rest of the troublesome quintet's?" he asks as I stand their shock.

"Umm sorry" i say shaking my head attempting to bring myself back to reality, "did you just say to put it back into my hand?" i ask confused

"yeah, do you need to get your ears checked or something" he answers coming up and looking in my right ear

"I'm sorry you want me to put the still active tracker BACK IN MY HAND!" i yell still very confused

"Blake would you go find your brothers and tell them to wait in the lounge" he asks as Blake nods walking past me giving me the "be good" look. "Y/N you remember what we talked about a while ago right" he questions and I nod "right then Hydra is still out there and I'm working on it ok? so i need to to put this back in your hand so they don't suspect a thing, whilst you do that I'll go a gently tell your brothers this and then after that you're all going to live normally whilst i take care of everything ok?" he says sternly

"Oh I'm sorry I didn't realise you were an expert on how I should live me life. Hold on, let me get a note book" I reply back pissed

"Y/N your grandparents asked that if anything were to ever happen to them that I would then look after you all and that's what I'm doing ok?" he says gently, this is the side of Nick you rarely ever see. His gentle, non sarcastic, caring side. "I need you to trust me, you just focus on your brothers and yourself ok, I'll prepare everything else ok?"

"ok" I answer sighing looking at the ground holding back my tears as they swell in my eyes. Nick gently pulls me into a hug as I let out a big breath.

"You're ok kid, you're ok" he assures me as I pull back my tears. he lets go and walks out the door towards the living room. Laughter and loud voices fill the room as Nick and the boys hug. I turn back to the tracker sitting on the tissue.

"Assholes"