Part 11

As the taxi drives up Tony's driveway the minds of the multiple police and new people captures my attention.

"Stop, Stop here!" I yell quickly jumping out of the car running up the rest of the way up the drive to find only rubble of what used to be a house. "What the hell" i whisper in shock. I begin quickly pushing my way through the crowd of people coming to the line of police officers.

"Excuse me miss you can't go in there" an officer stops me

"Yeah I can" I say sternly lifting my top to reveal an FBI badge i created with an illusion. He puts his head down allowing me to pass through. "Idiot" I whisper. 

"Y//N?" a voice yells sadly, i look up to see pepper standing in the middle of the destroyed building.

"Pepper" I whisper relieved, she runs to me squeezing me into a tight hug. I hug her back knowing this is what she needs, her thoughts race by. I feel her tears slowly soak into my shirt.

"He's gone" is all that she whispers. My bottom lip drops along with my heart, I slowly let go of her to look at her but she turn around and walks back to where she was originally standing. I follow her. She stops and bends down picking up the metal red and gold helmet with a big split through the middle. she just stares at it lost for words, then slowly lifts it up putting it against her forehead.  I turn around slowly looking at the scene around me, what used to be a big beautiful house is all rubble now. "Y/N, Y/N" Pepper voice captures my attention, I turn to see her staring inside the helmet but ushering for my to come. I quickly walk over and she tilts the helmet to show me what inside. I small red light flashes and beeps. 

"OMG put it on" I say quietly turning around to make sure no one's watching as I turn back I see Pepper wearing the helmet which is activated. I open my mind searching around the world for Tony's, mind after mind after mind until... "Gotcha" i whisper smiling

"He's alive" Pepper and I say at the same time as she takes the helmet off. We both laugh and smile in relief.

"I've got his mind, do you trust me to bring him back?" I ask knowing that Tony would kill me if I brought Pepper with me but also knowing that Tony could be in any state now and taking Pepper could be bad for her. She smiles as she reaches out grabbing my hand.

"You're the only person I'd trust too, keep me updated" she replies quietly, I squeeze her hand before letting it go walking out of the rubble.

Pepper's POV in the car

"You're boss works for the Mandarin you think? but Tony says you're a botanist" I question confused.

"That figures. What I actually am is a biological DNA coder running a teach of 40 out of a privately funded think tank. But sure, you can call me a botanist." she replies

"This boss of yours, does he have a name?" I question again trying to put pieces together to get something.

"Yeah Aldrich Killian". my lip drops and i turn to stare at her.

"Shit, I need to call Y/N" I whisper reaching for my phone to dial her number

Y/N's POV in the car that you stole

"Tony Tennessee, seriously?  that's freaking miles, miles away!" I yell "I'm so glad your mind never stops thinking" I finish as I check in and out of his mind. I mean I could tell him that I'm coming but I'd much rather prefer to surprise him. Suddenly my back pocket begins to vibrate. "This stupid phone, sorry people but I don't have ti- oh Pepper." I say looking down at it after grabbing it from my pocket. I answer it putting it on speaker.

"Aldrich Killian Y/N!" she yells very loudly.

"wait who?" I say confused as I keep one hand on the steering wheel whilst the other holds my phone. I look quickly at the speedo seeing that I'm going well and truly over the limit as I weave between cars trying to get to where Tony's private planes are kept.

"Aldrich Killian he's the one who's working with the Mandarin to try to kill Tony" she replies

"The Mandarin? who the hell is that and what kind of name is that?" I question again really confused

"God does this girl live under a rock?" another female voice questions from in the background.

"They're trying to kill him Y/N" Pepper interrupts before I can snap back to this other chick. The fear and concern is clear in Pepper's voice so I let my comment go.

"Ok I'll keep an eye out for their minds and once I get to Tony we'll figure something out ok. don't stress. Also if you get an alert about a stole jet it's me" I add

"Y/N please be careful, I can't lose you, non of us can" Pepper says lightly.

"Don't worry about me Pep, watch yourself and CALL ME IF SOMETHING HAPPENS!" I say quickly before hanging up and slamming my foot down.