Part 5

Shawn's POV

*Phone Ringing*

"Hello?" I ask swallowing my mouthful of muffin

"Shawn" the familiar voice of Nick Fury speaks making me grin as I throw the half eaten muffin in my hand onto the kitchen table taking a seat

"You left 30 hours ago, miss us already?" I question sarcastically knowing why he's calling, he scoffs.

"Always exact you are, how is she? Romanoff, Stark and Barton said they haven't been able to contact her" he question, concern and sympathy in his voice. Y/N and Nick have a special connection, yeah we all get along with him and trust him but him and her it's just different, it's a father daughter relationship. I look behind me out the kitchen window at her out in the side paddock working and then look back around at the spotless kitchen and mountain of food. 

"Jesus they only left like 29 hours and 5 minutes ago." I laugh before letting out a long breath "Well she's made 6 different types of muffins, 4 different slices and 7 different types of pancakes within the last 24 hours. So stage one and now she is re-doing the wire of the fencing around the whole property, after cleaning everything out of the cupboards in the kitchen and reorganising it all, so stage 2" I reply looking back out as my sister un does the wire from the fencing surrounding the whole 30 acre property.

"She's an overload griever, you all are. You can all leave for work but she's stuck in that house with those memories. She can't fixed what happened by she can fix everything wrong in that house. I take it she's broken her phone to" he says gently as I sigh.

"Yup you know how much it annoys her" I reply walking over to the bin seeing the burner phone Nick gave her smashed into a thousand pieces, well at least I think it was a phone. "I remember her telling us that the only thing she ever asked for in hydra was a scrubbing brush, she would spend hours scrubbing the walls trying to keep her mind busy. I'm just waiting for stage 3 now"

"Running till she drops" he answers instantly

"Yup"

"I thought keeping her there would be better for her, you know give her a chance to actually grieve but maybe I was-" he begin

"Don't lie that's not why you told her to stay Nick, she can handle herself the best we can't. We let our thoughts get to us, she controls hers." I interrupt knowing that he worries about us.  "I'll keep you updated on her"

"Look after yourself Shawn, I mean it and uh what do they normally say? oh yeah study hard, I may need you one day in court". I laugh

"Nah you're all clear Nick" I say looking into his future. He laughs before hanging up. I look back out the window and see Y/N now throwing a knife at a tree before pulling it back, I shake my head turning around heading to my bedroom to continue to study.

Y/N POV

I grunt as I throw my knife into the gum tree before pulling it back into my hand, I stand 8 metres away continuing to do this letting my mind ease. Over and over and over again the constant sound of the knife going into the wood.

"AGAIN!" the voice in my head yells as I pull the knife back to me then throwing back into the tree. "AGAIN!" it repeats as the knife lands, "AGAIN! AGAIN! AGAIN! AGAIN" it continues as I throw the knife back and forth. The voice of the knife trainer in Hydra continues, my mind open to the voices of my memories angering me.

I grunt lounder against the voice, sweat building up on my forehead as I continue to throw the knife. "AGAIN 27 AGAIN!"  it continuous as my arm aches from the constant force. "AGAIN! AGAIN! AGAIN!". I pull the knife from the tree again before throwing it straight behind me still looking at the tree.