Pathetic

The sensory detectors of the door prevented it from shutting, a foot tapping its side as it tried to slide back into place. A boot, to be specific, black thick soles, trousers tucked inside half-hardy. She thought, at first, that it was her bodyguard, coming back from the post he had vacated for the shortest of instances.

It wasn't. As her eyes ran up to the intruder that had breached the calm undisrupted isolated bubble that had been Kylo's quarters, she stopped short, staring at the mask. She had not spoken to the knights beyond the interactions they had near the interrogation rooms.

Still, they had made her presence known to be a nuisance. She couldn't be certain of it, but she would fairly advance that some of the knights were out to ruin her day and make her life aboard miserable. Some of her favorite pieces of jewelry had disappeared, headpieces too, as well as other things he had bought for her that she particularly coveted.

Out of precaution, she had slept with her ring on since, thinking that they would come and take it from her the moment she turned her back. The strings of her loom had been cut on multiple occasions, the flowers she had brought back or ordered from planets had been crushed and withered to tiny bits for no reason at all.

Apart from Ushar, none of them gave her any mind, doing their best to ignore her to such an extent that they acted as if she did not exist at all, bumping into her at every occasion, and shoving her to the side when her husband wasn't looking.

She hated it, but she did so silently, not wanting to attract even more of their unprecedented rude teasing if she called them out. She was never one to complain anyway. So, she bared it, sensing their glares through their masks every time she entered a room, like a prey getting chased or a discarded broken piece of armor that weighted their team down.

She didn't know what she had done to deserve such discontent from men she had barely spoken to or had no relations with. If the supreme leader had noticed his knight's misdemeanor, he made no mention to stop it.

You want a go? He had said once.

It had been a joke back then, now she worried that he stood up on his proposal and had sent the knights to finish the business, unable to look at her. After all, no one would know if the child wasn't actually his, they were Force sensitive too, the difference would be minimal. Plus, she was certain he'd make the kid wear a mask as well, create an impassive toy to haul around until he got tired of teaching it tricks.

His voice resonated through her head making her skull ache again, stepping away from the door expecting to see her husband walk through urgently. The knights never came here unless it was a direct order from him, to transmit a correspondence or give him a primordial report.

Now, there was one holding the door wide, Trudgen, positioned as if he was getting ready to chase after her if she made any escape attempts. The room she had thought of as a safe space did little to protect her, she retreated further away, moving slowly, trying to show that she would not try to run.

Another set of footsteps approached coming to lean against the door, Vicrul, who she had never spoken to directly but was prone to trouble. They were no sign of the leader, and none of her bodyguard, to be alone with those two men made her worry, her eyes scanning the room for something to defend herself with. It was a dumb idea, even with a weapon she wouldn't stand a chance.

She knew they were older than him, not exactly sure as to how much. Their dynamic, as interesting and peculiar as it was, didn't have any appeal when she felt threatened by their presence and unprotected by their champion.

"Come have a little chat," said Vicrul, his grid-like mask muffling his voice even further, it sounded almost unreal.