Bonus chapter

Valentine's Day / Lupercalia special
To be inserted between ch 16-17

She had opted not to drink again, the headache she had suffered from in the morning had prevented her from doing anything of value, feeling her energy drawn out and her body heavy with fatigue. If people suffered from such an ailment every time they drank, she doubted it was entirely worth it.

Instead, after finishing some simple tasks and the basic paperwork she had to review and fill, she started pondering on the calendar. She had only been here a few months, it did not seem like a lot to her, and yet they were nearing the fete weeks at the end of the sixth month Coruscant called Helona, right before Shelova week.

Back home her home planet, festivals, and parades were arranged in the city. She was fairly certain nothing of the type would be done on the Finalizer, they barely acknowledge the Galactic Calendar and its many celebrations. Still, nothing could stop her from celebrating alone or at least attempt to sway her husband into joining her.

Organizing something grand would probably get her in trouble, especially since she could barely command anyone without his permission and was not permitted to make requests without his approval. Knowing he hated to make a scene, despising all the show-offs and the unnecessary displays of power beyond what was necessary to instigate fear, she had resolved to celebrate with just the two of them.

Surely he knew of the festival, he must've at least lived through some as a child, even off Coruscant, there would be no need for her to explain the significance that pursuing some unimportant tradition held to her heart. They were not of any religious nature, for that reason, she hoped he would allow it.

It was more of a family celebration than a couple's one. Having no family to speak of yet, she turned the big event into a private intimate moment, using it as an opportunity to have some peaceful time in a pleasant company without the heaviness of the burden their titles conveyed.

His taste had become clearer to her throughout the months they had shared, still he so rarely openly admitted to any in particular or made any real requests she could comply with. Most of the time, she let him do what he wanted and tried following his lead as best as she could, still struggling to be so forward, even if it was only in the presence of a man she considered her husband. The only partner she would ever get.

He had been nice to her recently, she hung onto that thought as a personal encouragement to pursue her idea. With Numa's honest help and judging nature, she picked out pieces to wear, a great deal more scandalous than what she usually wears, leaning towards garments that were quite unseemly for her to choose. If it was meant to be a surprise then surely it should come with some bewilderment.

She reminded herself that she was doing it for him, although she had found it difficult to usher away her embarrassment solely to think about it. How improper for a priestess to present herself in such a way for the gaze of a man. At least the council would be pleased to hear about the extent of her attempts at seduction.

She was still new to the game of attraction, having little to no experience with flirting. She had kissed another priestess as a child, but that barely even counted as more than kids being curious and going along with a rebellious streak against the heavy set of rules.

Despite that, she could connect the dots and get a decent clue as to what men liked in general, basing herself on how he reacted to her and the actions she did. His unpredictability was still an issue she hoped not to have much of a problem with, heavily relying on the fact that her plans were of a sexual nature, and therefore, would most likely not be turned down.