Chapter Five

"Hello, Scott. It has been awhile."

Teresa? What is she doing here? How long has it been? Years? 

"Teresa, what brings your here?"
"Hey, that is not the reply I'm expected after all these years but yeah, I'm fine too."
"I'm sorry."

Unlocking the door...

"Come on in. Make yourself at home."

She walks in, take a deep breathe with her eyes close.

"Was our home five years ago. Or six?"
"Six. We're both 28 years old now."

She takes a look around, memories rush back to her. All those tears, laughs, bloods and sweats..

"Six years passed by, and it still looks the same as I remember."

A soft ringing from a bell and faint meow can be heard from the kitchen...

"Buddy?! He's alive?"
"Yep. The only person who never left."

She smiles and rolls her eyes and pacing towards the living room sofas. 

"It is sure has been six years."
"Cut to the chase, tell me why are you here."

She stares at me with a faint smile. She still has that radiance smile that used to light up my life. Damn, I miss her too.

"I was happened to be around the block and I ponder, is Scott still living in that shitty apartment after all these years. Looks like I was right, and here we are."
"Well, rent is cheap, the best bar in town just a few blocks away, I'm commuting to the workplace. Coffee?"

I go to the kitchen and pet Buddy halfway and start to make coffee.

"Still the cheapskate Scotty I see, and yes, coffee. I'm pretty there is no other choice anyway. You hate tea."
"Who knows, a man can change."
"Nope. Not you. Still the same old Scotty."
"Cream or sugar?"
"Neither."
"Really? Well, at least someone has changed."
"Ugh, married life changed me."

She married to a friend of ours few months after our breakup, looks like she is happy after all. Too bad can't do her the same back then. Well, past is past. Time to serve her coffee.

"Here you go."
"Thanks."

We are both taking a sip from the freshly made coffee.

"So, Scott, how's life?"
"Um, not much. After you left, nothing much has changed to be honest. I'm still living in this shitty apartment, still working at the same bank, the same job. What about you?"
"Two happy pills."
"Two happy pills?"
"Two children, you idiot. A five years old and a three."
"Wow, I'm impressed. Seems like life has changed you for the better."
"Maybe, yeah."

Taking another sip of coffee. She turns her head to the window.

"Six years, huh."
"Yeah."

Another awkward cup sipping moment. 

"Tell me, Scott. Do you miss me?"
"Well, to be honest, not that much."
"But you miss us."

Shit, my heart. 

"Yeah, I do miss us. Thought we had the world back then. Two young adults enjoy their life to the fullest."
"I still remember the letter you sent me after the breakup. I cried that day."

The letter. It was my goodbye to her. We had a big fight back then. I said something stupid and she said the same shit. Ended up she left the me with tears in her eyes. Damn, I hate this memory man. I still remember what I wrote to her back then. I was telling her I was sorry and I'm bringing the closure to our relationship. 

"The last line broke you, wasn't it?"
"Yeah."

The letter:
.....I know this hurts you a lot but I won't force you to read it. But if you do, it lies the word that I've never said to you. We are both know the answer to it. "Will you marry me?"

"Will you marry me?"

Tears falling down her cheeks...