Chapter Two

Saturday, 10 a.m

The alarm woke me up from my slumbers. I stretch out my arms and giving myself a boost with a little shake. I get off the bed and heading to the kitchen. Prepare a bowl of cereal and a glass of milk for myself. Oh, I almost forgot about Buddy. I pour a glass of milk for him and he enjoys it. Reach out for my phone and press the side button. Oh, a text. 

"Hey, it's me. Daphne. The girl from the bar last night? Call me."

Hmm. Should I call her? Maybe. But first, I'll just scroll through my Facebook news feed see if there are anything interesting. Then, I stumble upon an article. "Phone disconnecting people." I read the content and they state that smartphone and social media are the main concern in today's society. People tend to look at the phone instead of interacting with each other. Looking at the phone is like the yawn in our generation. 

Ironically, they type it through the phone. What an idiot. Probably the author has a friend who was sitting infront of him or her but she or he decided to look at his or her phone and suddenly, wham! An idea popped out about "Phone disconnecting people". 

After I've scrolled through the Facebook, I decided to call Daphne. The first ring, no answer. Waiting for the second ring, still no answer. She must have been busy. Third ring, no ans-

"Hello?"
"Daphne?"
"Scott! Glad that you call. Are you free after twelve?"
"Hmmm, *looking at the clock* yeah, kinda."
"Great! I need someone to accompany me today."
"For...?"
"Shopping!"

Can I say no? But I don't want to be rude. Looks like I don't have much choice but to say yes.

"Ok. Where to?"
"Meet me at 4211 Camino De La Plaza."
"Ok. I'll be there by two."
"Alright!"

She hung up the phone. It's been awhile since the last time I hang out with a girl. Have been single for the last five years. At least she can fill the empty part of me. Buddy meows.

"I'm sorry, Buddy. Looks like you have been replaced by someone else. Aren't you mad?"

He meows. I pat on his head and chuckles. I guess I might be away for awhile, and I decided to put someone in charge of taking care Buddy. Let's see....

1 p.m

I went outside of my room and knocks on the door opposite to mine. The door is opened.

"Oh, my. Scott."
"Hello Mrs. Reese, will you look after Buddy?"
"Sure. At least I have someone to play with."
"Great!"
"What is the occasion, Scott?"
"I'm going out with a friend and I might be out for quite a long time."
"A girl?"

I wink and she laughs. I bring Buddy to her room along with his food and giving Buddy a goodbye pat. I've made a call to a taxi service and the taxi driver is already waiting at the front of my apartment. I went into the backseat.

"4211 Camino De La Plaza, please."
"Alright."

1.30 p.m

I have arrived and I see a lot of people are here to shop. Families, couples, and friends. I look at my watch and I'm here 30 minutes earlier. Maybe I should grab a coffee while waiting for her. 

2 p.m

A soft and familiar voice is calling out my name.

"Scott!"

Must be Daphne. I turn around and I am so surprised.