41. We're over

FIVE YEARS LATER

"Miss Y/n, the boss is calling you." the annoying lady comes into my cabin without even knocking on the door and orders me to go to the boss. I nod and get up to follow her for the tenth time today.

"People now a days don't even know how to work properly." she mumbles and I roll my eyes knowing that she is talking about me. I go straight to the bosses room and knock on the door to then get inside his cabin.

"I heard you called me sir?" I talk first and he looks at me. The way he look at me disgusts me. He nods licking his bottom lip and I look away then repeat my sentence.

"Miss Y/n. How many times have I told you not to interfere with other departments works? What do you think of yourself? A multi tasker who has a great sense in everything? Woah...you disappoint me every time. Who the hell asked you to interfere with the event planning department? They gave me a complaint that you were being nosy again. What kind of a woman are you? woahh..." there he goes blabbering his shit. He is the one who asked me to help the event planning team and now he's barking at me as if I did a mistake.

"But it's you who asked me to go and help the event planning team saying that I have a good eye in selecting the event venues." I point this out and he stands up to throw the file at my face.

"This woman! What do you think of yourself? A queen? I am the boss here. You should obey whatever I say and how dare you talk back to me?!" he barks at me again and I look down to take whatever he says. I am kind of used to his shit now.

"No wonder that Kim guy fired you." he brings this topic again and my hands form into fists but I control my anger and breath out. Everything is messed up right now. This boss, his company, his cabin and the bloody news running in the background.

"Ya, move aside!" he orders me and I move aside as he focuses on the TV. "Oh! He's that Kim guy who fired you, isn't he? Woah there are rumor's that you dated him. Did you really ditch him five years ago?" he brings his name reminding me the memories from five years ago and my eyes automatically goes over the TV which is playing a couple getting married. I read the headline and it says

"The CEO of the Bulletproof Music Entertainment is finally married to his girlfriend and her name is Aera. Rest of the details are not yet disclosed. Let's hope this lovely couple stay happy together forever."

My eyes turn teary after seeing this news and I leave the room even tough my boss is barking at me. How could my life end up like this? I am miserable.

I open my eyes as my breathing turn heavy. I straight my back and look at the completely different surroundings. Where the hell am I?

My heavy breathes, the sweat falling down my face, the dim lights this room looks familiar. Is this my room? I look around and see myself laying on my bed. "Thank God, this is a dream.." I sigh but get from from my bed and look at my hand which is closed into a fist. I am still holding onto that ring which I gifted Namjoon. I wipe off the sweat on my forehead and walk out of the room to get some water. The cool liquid quenches my thirst and cools me from the nightmare that I had.

"That is probably going to be my future without Namjoon." I talk to myself and sigh.

"we are over." his words plays in my mind non stop and I sigh repeatedly but take my phone in my hand then sit on one of the chairs to text Hangyeol.