xxi. Dreaming

━━ chapter twenty-onedreaming( savreen )

dreaming
( savreen )

✿✼:*゚:༅。.。༅:*・゚゚・⭑

    ━━Savreen knew she was dreaming. 

    She knew it, she was just disappointed it wasn't the dream she wanted. 

     Deep down, whenever she fell alseep, she started to wish to hear the song her mother had sung that night a Camp Half-Blood. Savreen wished she could see her face again, listen to her words and feel her fingers through her hair. 

     Savreen once had a father. She once had her Dadi and Dada. But she never had a mother. She might've been young; barely four years old, but Sav remembered the question she asked her father one night. She had asked him: why isn't Mum here? And she remembered better than yesterday the hesitant look on his face. Now, Savreen realised it was because her mother is a goddess, but back then, she used to think it was because her mother didn't want her. And that stuck with a four-year-old girl. 

     Savreen's memories of her father were here and there; thin and falling through her fingers like sand━falling away. Savreen couldn't really remember the day he died, which hurt her. The psychologist she saw at one of her foster homes when she was eleven had mentioned to her carers that it was something common to children who experienced trauma. They don't remember it: a form of defence and protection from the brain. Savreen barely remembered anything before the foster homes. She barely remembered the stories her Dadi told her, barely remembered the times her Dada picked her up from her first years of school. Her head didn't want to remember. Even now, Savreen hated tragedy: she wanted to avoid it as much as possible. It terrified her. 

     She had always been scared of tragedy, like it was rooted within her bones; an instinct. All thanks to her best friend's father (how complicated was that?). 

     No, she wasn't dreaming of her mother, no matter how much the little girl in her was desperate for it.

     Savreen was dreaming of something else. 

     At first, she didn't know where she was. It was dark━very dark. All around her. And it was cold. Not cold in the way she might be stuck in the snow of a very freezing winter night. No, it was cold to her bones; chilling and omnious. 

     Sav thought she heard whispers; cries and screams, but they were like a distant wind━howling and yet quiet past her ears and making her gasp, spinning around to try and see what was there ... but there was nothing. 

     Until she saw a strange silhouette. They were hunched over━unwell and barely standing, as if the very thought hurt them physically and metally. Savreen frowned, tilting her head. She was hesitant, but took a step forward, confused but also curious. "Hello?" she called out, and her voice sounded like she was talking through through a microphone and hearing it from speakers at the same time.  "Hello? Who's there?"