Play Time

Warning: this part includes graphicdepictions of blood and torturing.

She could hear the screams as she made her way through the corridors

"Please, cut it off! Cut it off! Cut it off!"

The yelling quieted as she pushed open the door. Ramsay was standing in front of Theon. "I win."

"You started without me?" Y/n pouted playfully.

Ramsay turned around to see his wife. "Oh, my lady," he smiled devilishly, "the fun has only just begun."

"No," Theon huffed. "Please."

"Ah, ah!" Ramsay turned around, holding his knife up. "What did I say?"

Theon didn't respond, only hung his head and stifled a sob.

"Round two," Ramsay continued. "Same rules." He turned to Y/n, holding out the knife. "My lady, pick a body part."

She took it, spinning it around as she decided where she would start.

Ramsay continued talking as she thought. "Because you were so terrible in the first round, I'll give you a hint. This beautiful lady deciding which part of you to carve into," he paused, placing his hand on her lower back, "is my wife. More for you to guess, but you can ask her a question—just one, and she has to answer."

Theon's eyes focused on the lady in front of him. She looked familiar, but he couldn't place when or where he had seen her before.

"So," Ramsay clapped his hands together, "what's your question?"

Theon let out a breath, still trying to ignore the pain from his finger. He opened his mouth to speak, but Ramsay cut him off.

"—I almost forgot. Don't ask her for answers. That's too easy." His wife smiled at him. "We can't make it too easy for you. Now, go ahead."

Theon thought for a moment; he had to make his question count. "Where are you from?" he stuttered.

"Oh, good one," she replied. "Is the north too vague?" She smirked at him, and he cringed. "Just joking. I'm from the mountains. Shadowrise."

Theon started shaking his head. "You can't be. Lord Katermal lost his daughter and wife; there's no one there but men."

Y/n's brow furrowed as she looked to her husband to find the same look on his face. "Who told you that?"

When Theon shook his head instead of replying, Ramsay nodded at Y/n. She knelt to the ground at Theon's left foot, the same foot that the other soldiers had screwed. She started dragging the knife across the top of his foot.

"Ah!" he cried out. "I don't remember." Y/n stopped cutting, glancing up to hear the rest. "I...I heard it when I was younger," he paused, taking a deep breath. "Lord Katermal lost his wife and his twins."

Y/n looked at Ramsay. Was it possible that the information had been misgiven all this time? Did people really think she was dead alongside Alek and her mother? Did no one know she existed except those who she had met? It shouldn't be possible. But it made sense. She never received letters while she was at Shadowrise. It was rare that ones addressed to the entire family mentioned her. In fact, the only letters she could think of with mention of her were from Roose or Domeric. She thought it was because she was a girl or the fact she didn't know very many people outside of her castle. She never imagined that the news of her mother and brother's death could have been so miscommunicated as to include her. She laughed as she thought of all the shocked Lords who had received news of her marriage.

The situation did not amuse Ramsay. He had spent his whole life being ignored and forgotten about because of how he was born. His wife, a woman, born into a noble house legitimately, should not have been made invisible.