Chapter 9: Unwelcome Surprise

Bella had stayed with Hillary for quite some time, trying to get her head around what had happened. Hillary had reached out to the hidden world which was the last place Bella would've thought she'd do.

Bella had waited about a week until Hillary had returned and by the look on her face, it looked like bad news.

'We found Ingrid'.

Well, it's not bad news... So why was she looking like that?

'How!? Is she hurt? Is she alright?!'

'She's fine Bella'.

'Then why're you looking at me like that?'

She noticed movement in her peripheral and she turned to see Ingrid running to her, 'Bella!' She yelled, her arms outstretched.

'Ingrid!'

Bella wrapped her arms around tightly, holding on to her for dear life.

'Are you okay? Are you hurt!?'

Bella pulled Ingrid back and examined her, tears rolling down her cheeks, but Ingrid shook her head, she didn't look as scared as Bella thought.

'What's going on? Why aren't you afraid?'

Ingrid turned her head to look back towards the door and Bella followed.

Her blood ran cold.

John Wick...

The John Wick stood in the doorway, staring straight at Bella and Ingrid.

'Sweetie, stay behind me'.

Bella said quietly but Ingrid shook her head, 'Bella, don't worry, he's not going to hurt us'.

'What makes you think tha-'.

'Bella?'

Hillary spoke up and Bella turned to her, wanting an explanation, 'John's... John's Ingrid's father... He's come for her'.