Three

Gu Wei sat in front of a study table inside his room. He let the acrylic blind rolled up, so he could view the surrounding outside of his room through the window. It's dark and empty. Outside the window was only a people's park about fifty yards away from his aunt's house, divides by  pavement for people to walk on or cycling, where the kids used to play during the day. Mostly they will come around in the afternoon.

Even though there are a few people in the house, the house was very quiet in the night. The tenants who rent in the rooms prefered to stay inside their respective rooms, of course. They have no importance outside of their rooms,, except if they wanted to get some drinking water in the fridge.

Gu Wei sometimes feels amaze with his aunt's capability to charm those people to stay in her house. However this house doesn't promise them anything except the creep. Ahh... Maybe his aunt needs the companion since it's creepy.

When Gu Wei entered this house after so long he never visiting it, he still able to feel the same energy. The negative energy that released by the resentful spirits. But fortunately, Gu Wei didn't see them around. Maybe they never show themselves. Or maybe his ability to see them has faded. Gu Wei got no idea. But if it so, he feels grateful. Being able seeing those kind of things was not the good thing to him. It's a flaw. They made his sleep was restless and sucking a lot of energy which made him always feel weak. Thus, he was unable to get the proper work after he finished his school and he also has no desire to continue to the college since they will always disturb him when he's studying.

Gu Wei stretched his body and yawn widely but he still doesn't feel sleepy, as if there is something that forbids him to go to sleep even though he feels very tired after helping his aunt in the shop. He turned to the park once again before he rolling down the blind. His hand already grabbed the string and ready to pull it down when his eyes caught a movement in the park.

Gu Wei squinted his eyes and leaned closer to the glass window to get a better view. He saw one girl was swinging back and forth on one of the two swings in the park. He couldn't tell if she was a little girl or a teenage girl. The distance was a little bit far from where he was. The girl was wearing a white dress and has a black long hair.

"Shit! Don't tell me...." Gu Wei mumbled to himself and rubbed his eyes. Then he looks again.

"Is she Halimah the Pontianak? Is she following me from Malaysia to Beijing? Ah! Couldn't be!"

Gu Wei closed his eyes, wishing he was only hallucinated. Then he opened his eyes again. The girl wasn't there anymore. But the swing was still swinging back and forth. Gu Wei tried to look for the girl by leaning in closer to the window until his face touches the glass.

Ah! There she is! Now she was standing next to the pavement, more to the right side. She stood up there while her face was tilted up. Does she looking at the sky? Nope! She's looking at the house. Ah Ni Ayi's house. Specifically to the second floor.

Gu Wei followed the spot that the girl was.looking at, but he couldn't see what was the girl looking at. But he was sure that she's looking at the tenants' window.

"She doesn't look like a ghost...." Gu Wei mumbled again to himself.

Gu Wei sat back on the chair. His intention to close the blind has forgotten. He sat while looking at the stack of tarot cards he was playing on earlier.

"Maybe she has a crush on one of those boys... They're handsome. And hot...." Gu Wei grinned. "And rich," then he pouted.

He turned his head again to the window.

"Aaahh!" Gu Wei screamed in shock and almost fell down from his chair.

Gu Wei clutched his hand on the chest that beats rapidly. While outside the window he saw the earlier girl has standing and her face touches the glass window, her eyes that shot red were looking at him. Gu Wei noticed that the girl's face was scary pale as if she has no blood in her.