Four

Gu Wei came out of his room. He planned to get some meat for dinner outside. He was too sick of his aunt's vegetarian food. But he's halted when he saw his aunt was setting the dinning table with a new and clean table cloth and put the dish that packed nicely inside the takeaway boxes. Curiously, Gu Wei apptoached hus aunt.

"Ayi! Is there any special occasions?" Asked Gu Wei. He opened one of the boxes and took a pinch of the food inside.

"Ish!" His aunt slapped his hand away.

Gu Wei glanced at his aunt and frowned.

"We have a small dinner tonight. All the tenants will attend the dinner...!" Said Ah Ni Ayi.

"In what event?" Gu Wei asked again.

Ah Ni Ayi glanced and glared at his nephew who was looking at her with a questioning look.

"Ungrateful nephew!" Ah Ni Ayi flicked Gu Wei's forehead.

Gu Wei jut his lips while Ah Ni Ayi continues setting up the table. He was wondered why does his aunt providing so much food that looks better and more delicious compare to the food she cooks daily. Well, it's still vegetarian food, though.

"Ah Yi! I'm going out to have some barbeque with Ling Fang!" said Gu Wei, stepping away from the table.

"Stop eating meat! You look like pig already!" Snorted Ah Ni Ayi.

"Ayi, stop eating vegetable. You look like pickle already!" Replied Gu Wei.

"Delicious pickle!"

A voice from the entrance drew their attention. There was a man at his late 20s came into the house with a grinning face.

"Heyy.... Why are you here? Didn't you say you are meeting me in the barbeque restaurant?" Scowled Gu wei, a little whine seeing the man.

"I forgot to tell you. I can't make it up!" Replied the man. "Ayi. Here's for you...!" He said to Ah Ni Ayi.

"Since when you have money to buy this?" Ah Ni Ayi glared at the man.

The man only smiled. Gu Wei watched them. He didn't know if the man was close to Ah Ni Ayi,.since he is the man that introduce as Ling Fang by Bao Yunan.

Bao Yunan befriended Ling Fang despite their age gap and status. Ling Fang wasn't a student as Bao Yunan, nor a worker in his university, too. Gu Wei got no idea how they became close, but he didn't want to think about it, too as long as his stomach full by their treats.

"Happy birthday, Ah Ni Ayi...!" Said Ling Fang.

A small smile painted on Ah Ni Ayi's face receiving the wish, but it was a strike on Gu Wei's. He was surprised that he missed his aunt's birthday. He totally forgot about it. He felt guilty and embarrass for being careless to his aunt.

Gu Wei still puzzled when Ah Ni Ayi ushered Ling Fang to sit down on a chair around the dining table.

"Gu Wei? Do you still wanna go for barbeque?" Asked Ah Ni Ayi, brings Gu Wei's sense back.

"Awh! Oh!" Gu Wei startled. "Umm... I..." He stuttered.

Ah Ni Ayi and Ling Fang looked at him. Gu Wei approached his aunt and suddenly hugged her, makes Ah Ni Ayi startled in a daze.

"Ayi... I'm sorry!" Said Gu Wei.

"Hey! What are you sorry for?" Ah Ni Ayi pushed Gu Wei backward and holds his arms.

"I'm such an ungrateful nephew...!" Said Gu Wei. "I don't even remember your birthday...!' he continued.

Ah Ni Ayi smiled.