Chapter Nine

AN: Wades age is 26. So Wade and Vanessa got together when he was 15, they got pregnant at 18 (Vanessa died) and he started dating Peter at 25. Peter is 18, but a late 18. They didn't start dating until Peter was 18.

AN (4/13/22): I updated the age thing, I think I still have wade in an earlier chapter but I can't remember which one. I had him 23 because I wanted him to be young like Peter, but then I realized I can't have him young and go through everything with Vanessa AND date Peter in just a few short years. So. He's 26.

AN (12/28/22): I went back and updated Peter's age to 19. I think only chapter one had any difference and it's just at the start. 

~ Two weeks later ~

Peter arrived at The Tower a few hours early, not because he was nervous or anything. He just wanted to talk to Tony and see the team. He hasn't seen them since he told them about the twins last week. Their reaction was similar to May and Tony's, they weren't too happy he was pregnant at his age but they wanted to support him and the twins.

They were, understandably, furious with Wade. Natasha left soon after and no one has heard from her since, but everyone's pretty sure she went to find Wade and kill him a few dozen times. Clint and Bucky disappeared with her, but they came back a few days ago. They refused to tell anyone where they went, what happened, or why Natasha wasn't back yet.

The rest of the team continued on as usual, for the most part. They would text him more now, asking if he needed anything or they would send him pictures of, admittedly adorable, outfits or toys or something. It would make him feel all mushy and loved if it wasn't so annoying. He had a feeling the twins were going to be spoiled. That's not really a bad thing though, it just means that they have a lot of people who love them. Peter and the twins are going to be fine.

Peter walked into the common room, almost everyone was there and they greeted him with warm words of welcome.

"Hey guys, is Tony here?"

"He's in the lab with Steve." Sam answered.

"Thanks!" Peter said and turned to go back into the elevator.

"Better knock first!"

Peter shook his head, he knew that. He told Friday to take him to Tony's lab. Tony found a doctor that had previous experience in mutant pregnancies and male pregnancies, they were going to be meeting today and have his first real prenatal check up. He researched a little bit, so he sort of knew what to expect but he was still nervous. He can still hear the twins' heartbeat, so he knows they're still alive and he didn't have a silent miscarriage, but he was worried about other things. Sometimes, in twin pregnancies, one twin absorbs more nutrients than the other one, causing them to be less healthy and smaller with some health issues. It doesn't happen all the time, so he probably doesn't have anything to worry about.

When he got to the lab, he noticed the windows were all blacked out. Meaning Tony put the lab in lockdown mode. Peter can still go in, he has the codes, but it would probably be better not to. Who knows what Tony's doing in there, especially since Steve was in there with him. You only walk in unannounced on those two once.

Peter pulled out his phone and shot him a quick text, telling him he was outside his lab and that he better not be doing anything weird in there. Afterwards, he clicked on Wade's contact. Peter sent him a text two weeks ago, right after Tony left.

Peter: I'm keeping my babies. If you don't want to be in their life, then I won't force you, but you can't have me without them. These are our children, Wade. Our twins. I never thought you would be the type of man who abandons his lover and children, if that's who you really are then don't bother coming back.