♡4

~previous chapter~

She taught me how to use it. I twisted the handle, and stared into the mirror. It began spinning. And in the mirror I saw a little boy, The same one I painted Earlier today.

Lacey's POV

  He did look sad. The mirror kept spinning and he was gone. I turned to make sure, and he was no where to be found.

  I thanked her, and went to find my parents. I joined in on their conversation.

"Lorraine and Lacey saw something." My father started. "I've been seeing the dark that haunts your house and your land." I started. "I saw it first when I came through your door. It was latched to your back. And then I saw it again with the girls when we walked in the living room."I saw the most worried look on their faces. "It doesn't matter where you go, this dark entity has latched itself to your family. And its feeding off of you." I finished.

  "Even if we... leave?" Roger asked. "It sometimes when you get haunted, its like you stepping on gum. You take it with you." My dad told.

  "We have to tell you, you have a lot of spirits in here. But this is the one that I most worried about because it is so hateful." Lorraine stated.

  We got out of our chairs, and they led us out.

  "Okay, so what do we do? Do we call a priest?" Roger asked. "I wish it was that easy, performing an exorcism is archaic procedure. It requires years of training and even then, I have seen it go horribly wrong." Dad stated.

  "But before we can get that far, the church has to authorize it first. Means we got to investigate, gather evidence and provide proof." He finished.

  "And that's the hard part." Mom went on.

  "Have your children been baptized?" I asked. "No, we never get around to that, we're not really Churchy family." Roger replied.

  "Well, you might want to rethink that.''  I said. He gave me a confused look. "Our presence here could make things worst."

  "Why?"

  "Because we are a threat."

  "Whatever you're dealing with here, isn't gonna... like us. So far, it hasn't done anything violent. That's a good sign."
Lorraine spoke.

"So we gonna have our guys do some homework on the property to see what we're up against." Dad finished.

  We got in the car and began driving home. I think I fell asleep, because when I woke up we were home.

  I followed my father into the kitchen area and sat down with him. He was looking at some paper trying to connect the shit. I was messing with the recordings when in couldn't hear Carolyn's voice.

  "Dad, Carolyn's voice didn't record." I said.

  "What do you mean?" He asked.

  "Listen."

  𝑻𝑯𝑬 𝑹𝑬𝑪𝑶𝑹𝑫𝑰𝑵𝑮

"My name is Ed Warren. It's November 1st, 1971. I am sitting here with Carolyn Peron. And her family who have been experiencing supernatural occurrences. Alright, go ahead," "Hurm, from the first occurence"

"Nothing! The whole time. I don't know, you find anything?" I asked. "A lot. That makes no wonder they
going through what they are," He paused.

"That the original farm house, built in 1863 by a man named Jedson Sherman, He was married to a woman named Bathsheba.
And she related to Mary Town Esty. She's one of the woman accused of witchcraft and assailant, she hindering a trial. So, after Bathsheba married Jedson, they had a baby. And when the baby was seven days old, Jedson
caught her sacrificing it in front of the fireplace. She ran out to that tree by the dock, climbed up, proclaimed her love to Satan, cursed anyone who tried to take her land,
and hung herself. Time of death was pronounced Three o' seven in the morning." He finished.

"Well, that explains a few things." I replied. "Here, so does this." "Her last name was Walker, she lived there in the thirties. She had a boy named Rory, who mysteriously disappeared in the woods. Then she killed herself in the cellar. And that's not all. See what was the original 200 acre farm, has been subdivided and sold off. There was another boy who drowned in the pond here. He lived in the house over here, And the woman worked as a maid in the neighboring home, she committed suicide, too." He stopped.

"People who took her land." I stammered.
  Then the recorders started playing.

"I am sitting here with Carolyn Peron. And her family who have been experiencing supernatural occurrences. Alright, go ahead. From the first occurence."

That freaked me out a ton. But now that we had the back story and could explain the occurrences we could sleep.

I was extremely nervous for the day ahead of us.

                              ~𝐈 𝐡𝐨𝐩𝐞 𝐮 𝐞𝐧𝐣𝐨𝐲𝐞𝐝!!~
                      ~𝓵𝓪𝓬𝓮𝔂 𝓲𝓼 𝓰𝓸𝓲𝓷𝓰 𝓽𝓸 𝓶𝓮𝓮𝓽 𝓭𝓻𝓮𝔀 𝓼𝓸𝓸𝓷~
                                 -edshotcoduit☆