002 : encounter

For once Taehyun found school interesting. Taehyun had to admit that for the first time since he was little, he was excited to go to school in hopes that he would run into Bomi. Choi Beomgyu noticed his friend looking around the halls that morning but said nothing about it until Taehyun brought it up.

"Beomgyu, do you know who Lee Bomi is?"

"I've heard of her? She's in Hueningkai's class, right?" Beomgyu asked, "She moved here from Japan a few months ago,"

"She's new?"

"Tae, how do you not know this? You're in the same grade as her. And she was all the school could talk about for at least a week,"

Taehyun looked away sheepishly, a small smile on his face.

Beomgyu stared at his friend for a moment before thought dawned on him. "Are you interested in her?"

"No,"

"I think you're lying to me," Beomgyu smirked.

"No, I'm not,"

"Why are you suddenly so interested in Lee Bomi?"

"Who's interested in me?"

Taehyun and Beomgyu turned in time to see Bomi walking toward them with Hueningkai by her side. She looked at Taehyun with a gentle smile before looking at Beomgyu. Hueningkai motioned to the two boys then to Bomi.

"Bomi, these are my friends, Choi Beomgyu and Kang Taehyun. Taehyun, Beomgyu, this is Lee Bomi. She's my partner for our upcoming science project. Beomgyu is in the grade above us, but Taehyun is in our grade," Hueningkai introduced.

Taehyun and Beomgyu raised an eyebrow at Hueningkai. He stood tensely next to Bomi and kept glancing at the girl, his cheeks tinted pink. As if someone turned on a light switch in their brains, Taehyun and Beomgyu gave knowing looks to each other before turning back to the two.

"We've met before," Taehyun replied.

"You have?" Hueningkai asked in surprise.

"He may have knocked me over a few days ago," Bomi said as Taehyun looked away sheepishly, "I'm still waiting for that coffee date,"

Date. 

Taehyun felt a small smile push to his face at the word. Beomgyu and Hueningkai seemed to notice how Taehyun's eyes lit up at Bomi's words. Beomgyu glanced quickly at Hueningkai only to see him frowning a bit at Taehyun.

"I'm free whenever," Taehyun replied.

Bomi's smile made Taehyun's heart go weak. He felt his face heat up a bit as she beamed at him. "I look forward to it then," she said before turning to Hueningkai. "We should probably head to the library if we want to get a head start on our project."

Hueningkai, who had been zoned out watching Taehyun and Bomi's interaction, turned his attention to Bomi and nodded in agreement. "Right, let's go. We'll see you later." Hueningkai said to the boys before he took Bomi's hand in his and started to lead her away.

"Oh," Bomi said as she started to get pulled away, "Bye!" She waved to Taehyun and Beomgyu.

When the two were gone Beomgyu turned to Taehyun and gave him a look. When Taehyun ignored Beomgyu, the older boy sighed loudly.

"What?" Taehyun finally asked.

"What do you mean 'what'?" Beomgyu exclaimed, "Just admit that you like her,"

"I'm interested in her," Taehyun said, "But that's not the same as liking her romantically," he quickly said when Beomgyu opened his mouth to make fun of Taehyun. "I just want to get to know her better,"

Beomgyu sighed and shook his head. "Alright, whatever you say," but as the two boys left the school to head to their extracurricular activities, Beomgyu pulled his phone out and texted a group chat. He didn't have a good feeling about this.

~ ~ ~

Group Message : Choi Trio
[ choi beomgyu, choi soobin, +1 other]

Beomgyu

We have a problem

Soobin

Yeah we do

Yeonjun took the last custard-filled bread from the school store

It's Ahyoung's favorite :(

Yeonjun

you snooze, you lose

lover boy

Beomgyu

Guys

Im being serious

I think Hyuka and Tae like someone

Yeonjun

wait, ning and hyunnie have crushes

and they didnt tell us?

Soobin

How did you learn before us

I'm upset >.<

Beomgyu

No Im serious

...

I think they like the same girl