chapter disesais (16)

"Can someone tell me what happened?" Bungad na sabi ni Alex the moment she enters the door.

"Emma, care to explain?" Tanong ulit nito at tumingin sakin.

"Yeah, di mo pa na kwento sakin remember?" Tanong naman ni Don, I looked at them both and sighed. I motioned them to sit.

We are at the headquarters and currently waiting for Mr. Eduard. Nandoon pa siya sa baba, may inaasikaso.

"So? ano na?" Alex and Don are waiting for me to speak. While si Warren naman, ito tahimik na nakikinig samin.

"Ayun nga, today was Sandro's schedule para sa campaign niya sa isang baranggay. Everthing was fine at first, pero nung nagbigayan na ng relief goods, we heard gunshots. It was crazy nagulat kaming lahat." I said, they were quiet and let me continue.

"Hinabol ko yung lalaki, his name is Robert. And then yeah, we catched him, he even held a hostage tapos dinala namin siya sa prisinto. We asked him questions but all he said was napag-utosan lang daw siya sa boss niyang may malaking ranggo. And that was it." I ended the story, napakamot ng ulo si Alex.

"Godness, ang saya saya ko lang doon sa bahay ni Madam Imelda, nagtatawanan nga lang kami until I received text from Mr. Eduard, he said na emergency meeting daw so nagmadali akong pumunta rito." Alex then said.

"Hindi pa yan, we came back at Sandro's office and he received a message only to find out that those gunshots were for him. Warning na yun sa kaniya." Napaawang ang labi ni Alex.

"No? those were for him? wow Sandro must be scared."

"Unfortunately yes," Natahimik silang dalawa. Pero agad itong nawala nang pumasok si Mr. Eduard kasama si Warren. Pero may kasama pa silang isa...

"Atty. Liza?" I was shocked, she entered the room with a tissue on her hands. Her eyes was red and puffy. Kakagaling lang ata itong umiyak.

Napatingin ako kay Alex and she was shocked too.

We all sit down, the room was quiet. Walang ni isa sa amin nagsalita but all we can here was Atty. Liza's sobs.

Mr. Eduard was quiet, holding at the paper on his hands.

"So as you've all know pinatawag ko kayo for an emergency meeting. And I assumed you already knew what happened, did you already told them about this Ms. Roberts?" Napatingin sila lahat sakin, I looked at Atty. Liza she was waiting for my answer too.

Napalunok ako bago ako magsalita, I can't understand what I'm feeling right now, especially na nandito si Atty. Liza, her stares are...i don't know.

"Yes sir, yes I did." Sabi ko at tumango lang ito.

"Atty. do you really want to hear this? I can discuss it with you at some other time?" Tanong pa ni Mr. Eduard kay Atty. She shook her head.

"No, I want to know the situation. Everyone's been hiding this from me. Ang sabi nila walang nanggugulo kay Sandro, but he receives messages and death threats at the middle of the night? sending him letters, and now this? ganito na pala kalala?" Atty. Liza raised her voice. We were taken back.

"I-I'm sorry, I didn't mean to raise my voice. That was inappropriate of me, but please I wanna stay and know the con-"

"Liza! what are you doing here?" Agad na pumasok si Mr. Bongbong out of nowhere, she held her wife and hugged her. Atty. Liza was crying on his husband's shoulder.

Mr. Eduard looked at us and mouthed these words.

"Maghintay muna kayo." He said.

"C'mon hon, let's go home-"