A Bridge and A Risk.

(Genres: Adventure, mystery)

          I ran. I ran as fast as I could. I had been given a gift that was too dangerous in the wrong hands. I could hear them catching up. I pushed strangers to the side. I needed to hide. They couldn't take it from me.

          I found myself at an old, wooden bridge, the other side being swarmed with them. "Hand it over, Olivia." It was too valuable. Too precious. Too important. I could not let them have it. I peeked over the side of the bridge. A rapid current flowed below. My gaze returned to them. I was willing to take take the risk. I had done acts like this several times.

          "Alright. You win." I held it up in the air, walking towards them. I could see them eyeing it greedily. As soon as I met the half point of the bridge, I stopped. I ran to the side of the bridge.

And jumped.

A/N: ok so the ending of this is NOT referring to su//ide, there was no su//idal intention.
I was sort of imagining how Jacqueline from A Series of Unfortunate Events had to keep the sugar bowl out of Count Olaf's  clutches
Some possible backstory for her might be that she's some sort of secret agent or spy who can escape dangerous situations easily (maybe she used something to attach herself to the bridge so she wouldn't fall)