A Secret, A Coin, and A Foyer.

(Genre: adventure, mystery, fantasy)

          As soon as we returned to the castle, I rushed inside, leaving my family--who were hollering at me to return to their side--and pushing the footmen out of my way. I had never wanted to be born into a royal family. (stereotypical royal y/n who?) I hated the mannerisms, the formalities, the services, and the fact that one day, I would have to take charge and become queen. But I did not care about ruling a kingdom. I cared for the smaller, more complex things.

          I arrived at the doors of the library on the second floor and flung them open. I dashed across the library and stopped at a very tall bookshelf. A special slit was cut into the side of it. I paused to open my bag and pulled out a coin I had carved out of wood. I slid it into the slit and heard it unlock. I grasped one of the shelves and pulled.

          There was a room behind the bookshelf that only I knew about. It was my secret hideout where I made wood sculptures, frames for paintings, wooden dolls, and my biggest project yet: a door. I've always been a maker, but my parents told me that it wasn't "ladylike." I would escape to my bookshelf room for years and make away.

A/N: I was thinking of Little Nightmares 1 when I was writing this bc of the foyer in the fifth chapter-
It was really hard to imagine the mechanics of the secret door thing
Maybe a trigger was in it and if it was triggered it would open the door or something idk lmao