A Change of Plans, A Backpack, A Scroll, and A Door.

(Genre: Adventure)

          As soon as the bell rang, I slung my backpack over my shoulder, kicked the door open, and booked it out of the classroom, heading to the girls restroom.

          I entered the restroom and made sure no one else was in there by looking under the stalls. "Coast is clear, we're all good, let's go." I said to myself.

          I went inside the stall with a red line drawn along the top of the door and locked it behind me. I gazed at the wall which had a long, stained piece of cloth pinned to it. This was no ordinary stall. It was the entrance to a secret hideaway. I pulled the cloth to the side to reveal a tunnel that had been chiseled into the wall. I hoisted my foot into the tunnel and lifted myself into it. I crawled through, pushing my backpack in front of me as I went. The familiar smell of old books and candles struck me.

          When I reached the end of the tunnel, I pushed my backpack into the opening, hearing it fall to the ground.

          "Is that you, Edward? You're late, you know."

          "Sorry, sorry, I'm coming."

          I held onto the sides of the end of the tunnel and pulled myself out, sending me plummeting to the ground.

          "aaaaAAAAUGH--"

          * T  H  O  N  K *

          I fell onto the pile of old papers I had placed under the opening so my future falls would be softened. Turns out, that idea didn't work out as I planned. "We really need to get a ladder," I thought to myself.  I stood up, dusted myself off, and sauntered into the main room. It was a room with several bookshelves on one wall, a cold, concrete floor covered in rugs, several tables and desks, a vinyl record player sitting on one of the desks, about ten stray chairs, dim candles, and two plush recliner chairs. My friend, Mika, was sitting in one of them, a book in her hand and her tea sitting next to her.

          "As I said, you're five...six minutes late."

          "Well, I'm not some sort of superhuman that can just appear right on time to everything."

          "You seriously need to get your schedule straight," Mika sighed as she raised her book to her face.

A/N: aughh I can't think of how to progress this so I'm just gonna cut it short
FUTURE EDIT: WELL GUESS WHAT I FOUND A PROMPT FOR PART 2 YEAHHHHH