theresa isley

( infinite )

•° ✿ °•.

TESSA
ALICE
ISLEY

°•. ✿ .•°

would it help if we egged his house? i mean, you know, i don't usually condone vandalism, but cheating ex-boyfriends' houses are an exception to that rule. ooh! maybe i can get zeus to shit on his front step! wait, no, shit on his car! shit on his prized guitar?

 ooh! maybe i can get zeus to shit on his front step! wait, no, shit on his car! shit on his prized guitar?

ROLE !

cherry

NAME !

theresa alice isley may be the name on her birth certificate, but she basically doesn't even claim it as her own. ha, she can't even remember the last time someone called her theresa. if she were lost in a grocery store and they announced, "theresa, please come meet us at the registers!" she wouldn't move a muscle. because who even is theresa?? please, call her tessa! or tess works too, whichever suits your fancy. just, you know, not theresa.

AGE !

she just recently turned eighteen, which is unfortunate because dancing queen by abba was her favorite song. she just can't sing it with the same gusto now that she's not young and sweet, only seventeen.

GRADE !

tessa is a senior in high school. oh wait no, i lied, she just graduated! woo, that's going to take some getting used to. officially almost a college girl -- how exciting!

SEXUALITY !

it's really not any of your business considering she hasn't come out to her family and only just came out to her friends as bisexual, but -- oh, i guess i told you. tessa still isn't fully secure in her sexuality; she's only been with men in the past and she's not really sure how supportive her parents will be. so that's why she hasn't told them. and she doesn't want to accidentally disappoint them, so she probably won't tell them for a long while. maybe not until she gets her first girlfriend. maybe not even then.

do you prefer pads or tampons? advil or tylenol? i got it all right here in my kanken baybeee, you just say the word! and hey, if you need my chem notes later too, i totally got you!

❛ do you prefer pads or tampons? advil or tylenol? i got it all right here in my kanken baybeee, you just say the word! and hey, if you need my chem notes later too, i totally got you!

FACE CLAIM !

charlotte mckee

PERSONALITY !

consider tess basically your mother -- most of her friend group does. she's meticulous with everything, but especially when it comes to taking care of people. her backpack contains everything anyone could possibly need in any plausible (and even some implausible) situation(s). aka, she's the go-to girl if there's ever a zombie apocalypse. it's even better that she wants to become a doctor because it means that she somewhat knows what she's doing when she treats the wounds of her more careless friends (physically and also often emotionally -- tess is a wonderful shoulder to cry on and always knows exactly what to say. call it motherly instinct, i guess.) her other mom friend duties include driving people around (which she loves to do), remembering everyone's birthday (and always giving the best gifts, usually handmade since she loves crocheting/drawing/sewing/crafting), and being an expert at reading her friends' moods.

ever the optimist, sometimes people look at tess and wonder how a person can be so cheery and sweet all the time. because she hates burdening others with her problems, it seems to outsiders that she perpetually only ever has good days. and i guess it makes sense. she's smart, beautiful, and athletic: the whole trifecta. which means that in the miniature world that is high school, she falls into the highest social tier. all that combined with her bubbly personality and infectious laughter, and pretty much everyone wants to be tessa's friend.

that's usually it though -- friendship. she's like the girl next door that everyone wants to befriend, but when it comes to love? that's a bit more of a struggle. it's not like she's never dated anyone -- she has -- but tessa suffers from a little disease called high expectations. i mean, it makes sense. tess constantly expects so much of herself and pushed herself to the absolute limit, so it checks out that she wants that same drive for perfection in a partner. that's probably not a very good thing, but it is a part of who she is anyway. she has also read way too many cheesy romance novels, which doesn't help. i guess in order to successfully court her, you're going to need to pull out all the stops.

BACKSTORY !

"mom, guess what?? i got a part in the school play!"
"that's great, baby."
"i'm playing a baby chick! i have six -- no, wait, seven lines! you and dad are going to come see, right?"
"it depends, sweetie. your father and i have very busy jobs."
"oh. but sasha's parents are coming."
"well, how many lines does sasha have?"
"... more than seven."

that was back in third grade, and tess basically vowed to never get less lines than sasha ever again. it's not that tessa's parents were ever unsupportive, per se. they're just busy people. and she knows that. but it's just hard, you know? like, everything she's ever done has been in the hopes of maybe getting a second glance from them. sure, they say "great job," but it's not like they ever show it. to this day, tess doesn't know if they're proud of her. i mean, she's a golden girl in high school: straight a's, student body president, a competitive swimmer with the singing voice of an angel. and she's not addicted to drugs! what more could they want? but then again, she's got a family -- a loving one, despite their occasional stoicism. she's got a cute little dog named zeus and a roof over her head and a credit card with basically no limit. her parents work all the time because they're providing for her, and they're doing a damn good job. maybe she's just being ungrateful... oh well. maybe if she secures that swimming scholarship...

STRENGTHS !

intelligent,
athletic,
good public speaker,
charismatic,
artistic

WEAKNESSES !

coffee addict,
too hard on herself,
a bit of an attention seeker,
naive,
scared of bugs