Chapter 1

Leila's POV

I panted as I ran up our old wooden staircase, tears streaming down my face as I ran to my room. My parents just threatened to kill me. Me and Emma are done with this. We were adults and we could legally move away now. We have worked our asses off and finally have enough money to get the fuck out of this place. Me and Emma have went over the plan multiple times but I wanted to go over it again just in case.

"Ok. So first we wait for them to pass out, Then we run to the train that is scheduled to leave at about 1:00am in the morning. Whatever happens we stick together." Emma nodded. We were full grown adults and we were cowering like fucking children. I started again. "That train is taking us to New York, where we find a job. I have an apartment payed for already and we just need to get jobs. I have the first 3 months payed off ok." She nodded.

Emma and I snuck downstairs and saw my parents passed out. We quietly went upstairs to get our shoes on. I put on my beat up sneakers that used to be white. They were stained with my blood from multiple different nights. Emma came into my room and gave me a tight hug before we stepped out the door.

We ran and ran toward that dam train like our lives depended on it. My cracked phone with a scuffed case that held all our life savings was bouncing in my sweatshirt pockets as I didn't want anyone in New York to see my scars from cutting myself. I saw Emma reach the train and hopped into the cart. I hopped in right next to her.

As we started to catch our breaths against the train I mumbled something. "New York City here we come." Me and Emma shared another tight hug. I started Shaking. I was thinking about getting the different types of medicine was recommended for me and Emma. The only reason we weren't on them was because of our parents

"Were going to a pharmacy as soon as we get there. We need to take our medication. She nodded as we watched the stars. we could see the shadow of my parents running out of our house as we waved to them. They started running for the train, but they were no where near the speed of a fast ass train. It didn't take long for us to get there.

I grabbed Emma and we ran to the nearest pharmacist and walked in.

Knox's POV

"Hey nice match man!" I yelled as we finished. My head hurt like a bitch and I realized I was out of Aspirin. I shouted to my best friend. "Hey dumass! I'm going to get medicine for my head. get your ass over her." He trailed along as we entered the pharmacist. I ran to the back and we both saw two girls at the counter.

These girls were beautiful but were asking for a ton of drugs. I tapped the blonde one on the shoulder who was wearing a tattered sweatshirt and beat up sneakers. She flinched at my touch. "That's a lot of drugs. You gotta a death wish or something." I asked her curious at this point.

She turned her dainty face away and asked for a ton more of drugs. She had another girl with her. They were definitely siblings. They both shared the same hazy eyes. "Y Yes c can I have Antidepressants, buspirone, and Xenical." The beautiful blonde said with a shaky voice. I knew those medications. I took Xenical. It was an anxiety medication. I also took antidepressants.

I knew what Buspirone was. I didn't take it, but it was for an eating disorder. I had a genuine look of concern on my face I tapped her arm as she flinched again. She had some bad things happen I just didn't know what it was. I watched as my best friend and roommate talk with the other girl as she was shaking. The blonde girl pulled her out of the store. They were behind the building now.

"You wanna follow them don't you?" He laughed. "Did you see all the medication she had." I spat out. He now too was curious. We followed them to the back of the building and hid in the corner. We watched as they were both on the urge of crying. Maybe they were just druggies. I didn't care I just wanted to know more.

"We take this for about twice a day. Ok Emma." The girl who was now deemed Emma spoke for once. "Y Yeah. Y Y You don't think they'll find us right." Emma cried. "I I I promise they won't fucking touch you. We both need to take these. You have to take an extra one since yours is severe anxiety." The blonde hugged her who I assumed sister tightly.

"Leila. You have to take an extra eating one. You d do know that." Leila slid down the brick. and looked up and nodded. Leila and Emma swalloed all of the pills that were I'm assuming were prescribed. They walked out and saw us staring at them. We were both just frozen.

Leila's POV

As We both walked out from behind the building we saw the same two men from inside the store staring at us. "W were s so sorry. we'll be leaving now." I spoke out stuttering like an idiot. The man before me was definitely Mexican with messy black hair.

He stopped us both. He grabbed my shoulder. I flinched. "What's your name Love." He asked with a pitiful smile. "I I-" I couldn't find my words all of a sudden. Emma made her way in and told him. "Leila! M my name is Emma and hers is Leila." I let out a sigh of relief. He then gave me his number for some reason.

"If you need to talk I'm free." He said and his friend handed Emma his number. We walked out next to them and split away from them. We walked to the apartment that I payed for. I entered the key code and we both stepped in. "Wow. It's pretty nice." I nodded and we both explored.

I wasn't tired because I couldn't help but think of the strangers we meant. I decided to decorate my room in the mean time. I had to be quiet because Emma was sleeping.

My room ended up looking like this and I lit a candle

My room ended up looking like this and I lit a candle. I laid down in bed and was scrolling through my phone, looking at people hiring around when my phone got a notification.

I looked who it was from and it was from some random number. I soon realized who it was from.

Leila's Phone

Unknown: Hey Beautiful

Leila: Are you the stranger I met today

Unknown: My name is Knox. Thank you very much.

Leila: Ohhh. Ok. Well I'm going to bed so I'll talk to you later. Night Knox.

Knox: Night beautiful

I finally fell asleep after thinking about Knox. Dam that was a hot ass name. He called me beautiful too.