chapter 7

Leila's POV

I woke up on top of Knox's chest. I was still wearing the tattered sweatshirt that I had. I thought back to what Emma had said to me. "You have to tell him." Emma's voice was in my thoughts. Knox soon woke up without me knowing. "What are you thinking about princess?" He said a little concerned. "I have to tell you something."

He sat up and I sat up next to him, facing him. I was scared as fuck. What if he changed the way he felt about me.

I slowly pulled my sweatshirt off and his mouth dropped open. I closed my eyes tightly, waiting for rejection from him. His eyes started to tear up. I opened up my eyes slightly and saw more tears rolling down his cheeks. "P Please s s say y you d d don't do I It anymore princess." He pleaded through tears.

"I don't do it anymore, b but I used t to do It." I confessed, also starting to tear up. He wrapped his arms around me very tightly. "Don't ever bring a blade to your beautiful skin. please." He begged me and I nodded snuggling further into his warm chest. He kissed my head before getting up and making some food for us.

We ate and he taught me how to shoot a gun, surprisingly I was very good at this skill. I hit the targets on the first time. We both laughed and played with Spotty the rest of the morning

Emma's POV

I woke up alone and I was shivering. Last time I checked I was tangled in Jason's arms. I looked around and saw I was somewhere with dingy stone walls and smelled like blood. I saw a dark figure walk down the stairs and mumble something. "Since your sister won't bring all of you to me, we'll just have to torture the little 4 year old adult." I let out a whimper because he was right.

I may be 23, but at heart I acted and was basically a 4 year old. I was aching all over. My head felt like there was a whole zoo up there and I really just wanted Jason or Leila. What was he going to do to me.

I was interrupted by a loud sound and a kick to the face. I cried out. It hurt so bad.

A group of men surrounded me and started to laugh. It made me cry even more. A man walked toward me and I lost my breath. It was my dad. He had scissors. He stepped in front of me and cut my shirt off. My bra was the only thing left.

I screamed and kicked and thrashed. I couldn't do anything. I finally gave up and went limp, when they all went up stairs. "Please find me Jason. Please." I mumbled quietly to myself.

Jason's POV

I woke up alone. I couldn't find Emma anywhere. I asked Elliana, but she said that she didn't see her anywhere. Elliana left for school after that. I started to panic and called Knox. "M Man. I can't find Emma!" I shouted. They said they would come over and everyone was at my small house shortly. "I I know where she is!" Levi yelled. Leila was sobbing in Knox's arms Everyone turned to Levi.

"She's back in Washington!" We all hopped in the car. Knox was driving and Leah was holding Leila as her crying grew more and more intense. he froze as Levi pointed to the building that she was in. Leila ran out to the building as Knox held her in place.

My breathing grew heavier and heavier as I heard my baby girl scream and cry. I busted down the door and saw a bunch of men drinking. Savanah and Leah stayed in the corner while Leila, Knox, and Matteo shot the men down. I sprinted down to the basement. A tall man stood there punching and kicking her. She was in a bra and shorts and had bruises all over her. I punched the man to the ground.

I slit his throat. I ran over to Emma and cut the chains off her. I held her in my arms as tears welled in my eyes. "I'm so sorry baby. I'm so so so so so sorry. I love you so much." I cried as she smiled at me. I kissed her forehead as I carried her upstairs. Leila ran to her limp body in my arms.