Chapter 21-retirement

"I need you cherie" I heard Stefan's voice faintly as I wrap my arms around my bent knees burying my face in my arms.

I can't do this anymore, everyday it feels like I am drowning everyday getting further and further down. I never wanted this, I never signed up for this.

"Stassie please open" he begged rattling the door knob. I didn't bother opening, he didn't leave me either kept banging the door or trying the door knob. I stayed in here for 20 minutes until I didn't hear anything outside the door. It was silent, I think it is safe to say I can come out.

"Lexi, please come out" Aunt Nancy knocked softly. I thought I was done crying but I wasn't. Tears flooding down hearing her voice. I moved from the door, unlocking it. She opened the door and pulled me into a hug.

"It's okay" She cooed. I sobbed into her shoulder holding onto her.

"I am sorry" I said. She pulled me away, shaking her head and wiping the tears

"It's not your fault, don't ever think it is" she said to me. I nodded my head as she wiped the rest of the tears that were falling.

"Let's get you back to the bed" She said holding onto me. We walked back to the bed, nurses looking at me

"Get the hell out, now" Aunt Nancy yelled making the nurses walk away. 

"Idiots" she mumbled

"Go aunt nancy" I laughed my mood getting better.

"Now I know you don't want another lecture but you're going to get one" she said to which I sighed waiting for hell to rain on me.

"What the hell are you thinking, working yourself to death. I know you miss your parents that bad but wait till you are super old to see them. You can't do this to yourself or the kids or anyone. I need you to relax and stop whatever you are doing. I can't lose you and no one else can" She pulled a chair next to the bed

"It's not that easy aunt nancy" I exclaimed

"Make it easy on yourself, either I will pull out the slipper again or you stop this" She sternly said reminding me of when she would chase us with the slipper trying to get all of us.

"No not the slipper" I shook my head

"Then go easy, or you and the slipper will be best friends" she chuckled

"fine" I laughed. The door opened and 4 heads popped in.

"Mommy, can we come in?" Anthony asked

"Yes you guys can" I replied. The door pushed open more and I see all four of my kids bring in balloons, teddy bears and flowers with cards.

"This is all for me?" I questioned in shock

"Yes who else?" Anthony said with an attitude

"Let me see them" I replied. They all ran up to me giving me the gifts. I look through the cards and they are all get well ones.

"Thank you guys so much." I said

"Feel better mom" Madeline replied

"Thanks maddie" I said

"How do you feel?" Ella asked

"Fine, just tired" I replied. Everyone stayed in my room for a bit and soon I was able to go home. I checked out and Aunt nancy drove me home

"Are you sure you don't want me to stay?" She asked

"No, it's fine, go home. It's late" I said waving her off. She dropped me off and I went inside, the kids behind me. It was late and Stefan put the kids away. I went upstairs and changed into fresh pair of clothes.