09

✧.* _____ ❝ STRINGS ATTACHED ❞ 🥀

* _____ ❝ STRINGS ATTACHED ❞ 🥀

ˏˋ°•*⁀➷ ✎

YUMA HAD PROMISED herself to be the ray of light for a person who had reached the end of his life.

To her, Getō was lifeless.

The man had no life in his eyes, he looked like he had fell deep into some void, a void that gave you no chances of escape.

"We are approaching Nichitsu, keep your guard up," Getō informed, his gaze fixed on the town ahead.

Yuma was about to switch back to closing her eyes and peacefully continuing the ride when her gaze was drawn to a man sitting on the ground with his back against one of the town's walls.

"Hey, take a look over there, what exactly is he doing there?" Yuma raised her brows before stopping the horse and leaping out.

"HEY, YUMA!"

Yuma was brought to a halt by Geto's grip, his gaze deadly as he locked on her.

"Don't ever, leave alone like that," getō said, his eyes not faltering as he looked at her.

"right right" Yuma rolled her eyes before following behind the man who was in all his guard.

"I-please h-help me!" The man immediately got up before stammering at the two that seemed to be noble people.

"what's up?" Yuma asked with a blank expression while the man gave her a weird look, however at that point kneeling before them and joining his hands together.

"its b-been three days, the r-royals killed my brother and-

The man was all the way exhausted, he appeared as though he would pass out any minute.

Yuma immediately acted in the circumstance, handing him the container she loaded up with water for the rest of the journey.

The man immediately bowed even more before the lady as he drank like a man who had been in dry drill for the last 10 days.

"t-the royals killed my brother and-made each individuals leave the town, it's been three days since his body is laying inside somewhere" he panted before continuing.

"m-my sister in law-she's been missing since as well, she's in here yet those who came to search for her are deceased. Recently 5 noble gatekeepers were all torn apart and were tossed out of the town!" he explained, eyes holding incredible terror as his mind meandered onto the scene.

"we'll look at it for you man, you can relax" Yuma offered the man a go-ahead before she heard a tsk from the back.

"we didn't come to offer help to the people who suffer because of their own sins-