❤️ 𝙑𝙖𝙡𝙚𝙣𝙩𝙞𝙣𝙚'𝙨 𝘿𝙖𝙮 𝙈𝙞𝙨𝙘𝙝𝙞𝙚𝙛 ❤️

(This will be the first short story featuring all four characters! Yay! Also Happy Early Valentine's Day everyone!)

———————————————————————

Today was Valentine's Day and instead of having one-on-one time, you and your boyfriend Pico were going to be spending the day with your friends Keith and Cherry. At least, as of now that's what your plans were. Who knew how the day was going to go!

The four of you figured that you'd all meet up at Keith's apartment for a change of scenery. Thankfully, the weather wasn't as bad as it has been for the past couple of days. In fact, the weather today was actually quite peaceful! Blue skies and fluffy white clouds filled the air above you, the sun setting a brightened tone to everything surrounding you. The streets were covered in snowy whites and filled with cars passing by.

After a walk past the college campus plus a couple blocks, you and Pico arrived at Keith's apartment. Keith lived in an apartment complex by himself, though he was looking into a possible roommate as the bills were becoming expensive for him. As you two hopped onto the elevator to see your friend, you brought up the possibility of you and Pico moved in with Keith as it would help with the bills. Although it was a good idea in theory, Pico told you that he didn't want to risk anything happening to both you and Keith because of his job. Part of you understood his reasoning but the other part seemed like he was coming up with excuses to avoid hurting his ex again.

"Ah, here." You said, approaching Keith's apartment numbered 6-9. There wasn't much to the outside of it, just a number plaque on the wall beside you. You were about to knock on the door when you noted Pico immediately grabbing the golden doorknob. "W-Wait! Shouldn't we knock??"
"Nah, the dumbass always forgets to lock his door." Pico stated, opening the white paneled door and entering the complex. "Yo! We're here!" He shouted.

"Oh hey guys!" Keith called out from a distance. You followed Pico inside, closing the door behind you. The two of you took your boots and jackets off, placing them in their respected areas by the entrance. Keith came running up to you and Pico, giving you both a huge hug.

"Whoa dude, calm down." Pico chuckled, patting the tiny human's hatless head. "It's just a holiday. Nothing special."
"What? Can't I be happy to see my friends?" Keith looked up at you both with a smile on his face. He pulled away from the hug and grabbed each of you two's hands saying, "Let's go to the living room!" You felt your body jerk forward as Keith hurriedly pulled you and Pico to his living room. "Cherry should be here soon! She wanted to pick something up first before she came here."

As you stumbled into the new room without falling, Keith let go of your hands and jumped onto the three-seater brown couch face first. He rolled himself around soon after, glancing over at you two. "Well come on! You don't gotta be shy." He insisted, waving you guys over.

[Mini Timeskip]

"Ahh~ Thick thighs do indeed save lives."
"You better shut the fuck up before I blam your ass, Keith."
"Oh come oon Pico! You know it's true."

The three of you were currently sitting on Keith's couch waiting for Cherry's arrival. Well, moreso you and Pico were sitting. Keith was too lazy to get up after his energy burst and didn't want to move. This left you underneath Keith's feet and Pico being the "unlucky one" and having Keith's head resting on his legs. You sat quietly and took in your surroundings.