𝙈𝙖𝙡𝙡 𝘼𝙙𝙫𝙚𝙣𝙩𝙪𝙧𝙚𝙨 - 𝙋𝙖𝙧𝙩 𝙊𝙣𝙚

(Inspired by the fun adventures I've had at my local mall in the past month but with funky twists ✌️)
(This will be a little short story so be on the lookout for the next chapter!)

"Hey guys!" You greeted with a smile, hopping into the back of Cherry's red car.

Today you, Keith, Cherry and Pico were going to be going to hang out at the mall. Since Pico was at work doing whatever the hell it is that he does, the three of you decided to meet him there as none of you knew when he would be getting out of work.

"Hey girlfriend!" Cherry giggled, waving at you from the driver's seat, locking eyes with you through the rear view mirror. "How's it going?" "Pretty good." You replied, closing the car door and putting your seatbelt on. "Have you guys heard anything from Pico by any chance?"

"Nope." Keith responded, typing something on his phone. "Tried calling and everything. He ain't picking up." "Jeez. It's been a few hours now. Do you think he's ok?" You queried to your friends, now becoming a bit concerned about your boyfriend. At this point, you guys have already started the drive to the mall.

"Hm?" Keith looked up from his phone before turning around to face you. "Oh yeah he's good. No need to worry." He assured, handing you his phone. You looked down at it noticing it was open to Spotify. "Wanna play a beat?"

"Uhh sure." As he turned back around, you took Keith's phone and began scrolling through his liked songs. Nothing was really catching your interest until you came across a particular song....

Hehehe perfect.

You tapped on the song, chuckling to yourself as the song began to play, blasting through the car speakers. A mischievous grin making its way on your face.

Oh oh oh-oh oh.

"Oh my god is this what I think it is??" Cherry exclaimed. Keith immediately recognized the song and began singing along, bouncing in his seat. "YUP!" Keith yelled, now head-banging to the song. Cherry giggled as she watched her boyfriend through her peripheral vision.

"Don't look back, don't hesitate. WHEN YOU GO BIG TIME!" Keith sung, screaming the second part of the lyrics. You burst in laughter from Keith's "singing".

"Holy shit dude!" You said through laughs. "I never took you as a BTR dude." "Uh, exCUSE ME [Y/N]." Keith yelled playfully, turning around to face you. "But Big Time Rush is the shit. Don't judge." "Alright, alright." You out your hands up in front of you, chuckling with a smile. "I won't judge."

The rest of the car ride to the mall went about similarly to when you first entered the car. The three of you took turns picking out nostalgic songs like Since You've Been Gone and Give You Hell as well as newer pop songs like Old Town Road and Enemy. All three of you sung each song either ridiculously or melodically as you drove the somewhat short distance to your destination. You arrived at the mall — which appeared packed with cars left and right — after about a half hour ride. By some miracle, you all managed to find a spot below the upper deck amongst all of the cars.

"Ayo, [Y/N]." Keith said as he and Cherry got out of the car. "Yeah?" You queried, taking off your seatbelt. "Are you able to read what that sign says over there?" Keith pointed in the direction of a colorful sign over on the sidewalk, closing the door. You looked over to where he was pointing as you opened the door and got out of the car.

Luckily, you managed to remember your glasses before you left your apartment. You squinted a bit before being able to make out what the sign said. You eyes lit up as you abruptly got excited, bouncing subtly in place with a smile drawn on your face.

"What is it?" Keith asked. "It's a carnival!" You exclaimed, taking Keith's tiny hand as you slammed your car door shut. "Let's go!" You began dragging Keith behind you as you speed walked. Keith got equally excited and matched your walking speed, Cherry following behind you two.

"No way! Why the hell didn't we know about this??" Keith queried enthusiastically. "No clue but we know about it now!" You said with a grin, following the sign leading to the event.

After walking the entire length of the mall, the three of you arrived at the event. The first thing that caught your eyes was the huge, purple and pink Ferris wheel that towered over everyone, including the mall itself! The area appeared quite packed, a long line was formed at the entrance but was moving quite fast considering. Your group stood towards the end of the line, Keith impatiently waiting to get in and discover all of the attractions.

"How much longer??" Keith whined minutes later, burying his face into Cherry's chest as he hugged her out of boredom. The April breezes slowly creeped up on you, sending a subtle shiver down your spine. "Couple minutes." You responded, bringing your arms up to your torso and crossed them. Ugh I should have brought that sweatshirt with me... You thought to yourself.

"You said that a couple minutes ago!" Keith exclaimed, picking his head up and off of Cherry's chest. "And?" You looked behind you and at the cyan-haired boy. "I'll keep saying it 'til we get the....re." Your eyes wandered off as you noted a bright, unnatural hair color making its way towards you. Realizing who it was shortly after, you let out a gasp under your breath.

"Keith, Keith." You said, rapidly tapping your best friend's shoulder. "Whaaat?" Keith glanced up and to you, slightly annoyed. You pointed behind you, a huge smile forming on your face. Keith looked in the direction you were pointing at, his annoyed expression fading.

"Oh hey!"