Beauty and the Beast [Mirabel x gifted reader]

Prompt: you were adopted by the Madrigals, your gift is so terrible that you don't want anyone to see it, not even your own family

A/n: sorry if this seems rushed or anything. Also sorry if it's a bit cringey, this is a dream I had so.. yeah

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

You excitedly grip onto Pepa's hand, squeezing it.

"I can't wait to get a gift! I want it to be something really cool!" You squealed as Pepa laughed softly.

"And you will have an amazing gift, I know it." Pepa pinched your cheek as you giggled. Julieta came in and opened her arms, offering a hug. You ran to her and hugged her, she picked you up.

"I heard you are excited Y/n, you should be." Julieta said as you looked at her, you frowned slightly. "But what if I don't get a gift because I'm not part of the family?" You asked, worry filling your gaze.

"But you are apart of the family! Even if you aren't blood related, doesn't mean you aren't part of the familia." Julieta reassured, poking you in the stomach as you giggled. "Thanks." You sighed happily as she set you back down.

You soon saw Camilo and Mirabel run in, engulfing you in a hug. "I can't wait to see what your gift is! What if it's like mine? But maybe with animals, or maybe you will have the gift to turn big or small, who knows!" Camilo exclaimed, seeming very excited. Little Mirabel held your hands.

"And I can't wait to see your gift too! Maybe we'll both have a cool gift together. Like, if you got a fire gift, than I'll get an ice gift! Or something else, that would be fun wouldn't it?" Mirabel rambled as you laughed along with her. "That would be super cool!" You admitted.

You saw Dolores peek her head around the door. "It's time." She softly smiled at you and you smiled back.

"Okay, okay, time to go!" Pepa started scooting you away. "Wait!" Mirabel yelled and grabbed onto your arm. She kissed your cheek quickly and pulled away. "A good luck kiss, I saw mama and papa doing it once." Mirabel explained as you blushed, Pepa and Julieta cooed.

You walked over to the carpet, and you felt your nerves build up inside when you saw how many people were standing there, watching you.

You gulped, before forcing yourself to move forward. You walked up the stairs and you felt yourself sweat, seeing your soon-to-be door waiting for you at the top. Alma was standing there smiling with a candle in her hand.

You smiled at her and she nodded towards you. Alma nudged you gently to go to the door and you stepped closer. You stared at the wall for a second, and you glanced at Mirabel. Mirabel gave you two thumbs up and you calmed down slightly.