Chapter Two

Chapter Two

~~Kyle~~

When an unfamiliar voice appeared asking if we needed anything, my head snapped back. Butterflies instantly filled my stomach.

“Do you work here?” I asked viciously, ignoring the butterflies.

“I do now.” He snapped. I smiled at him and Britt said she needed a refill.

Really? Why did she had to do that?! I gave her a vicious look.

“There you go sweetie.” He smiled at me and walked away. Everyone started laughing.

“I think he thought that Britt was your girlfriend or something.” Farah chuckled. I rolled my eyes and turned my head back. He was smiling while talking to another customers. Why does he have to smile like that? He is such a tease. But I never seen him here before. Nor in this town. We don’t really get that many new people here. Mostly vacationers at times but that’s it. I wonder why he was here.

I drove home and parked in the driveway. Of course, my mother is not home yet. My mom owns this big law firm here and she always works so late. Ever since my dad died four years ago, she seems to just not care about anything other than work. I guess that’s her way to cope of his death.

I walked into the house and into the kitchen to grab a Gatorade. I went upstairs and chanced into a pair of sweat pants and a white tee. I started to do my homework from the night before.

My mind couldn’t stop going back to that new guy. He was so beautiful. The thing that sucks is that I am in the closet still. I mean my friend suspect that I am. But I am just not ready to come out yet. The only person that knows is Britt. She is my best friend and has been since I first grade. I just want to tell people and come out. Being in the closet is such a hard thing to do. It’s like no matter how close I become to opening that door, it seems to just go farther away each time. Coming out is like the never ending nightmare.

I heard a big crash downstairs. I jumped up instantly. I turned off my music and grabbed my baseball bat from beside my door. I opened my bedroom door and seen a shadow downstairs. I took a big gulp. I tip toed down the stairs and gripped onto the bat. I tiptoed towards the noise coming from the kitchen. I see a shadow coming from the fridge. I jumped out and screamed. My mom shouted and dropped a jar of olives.

“WHAT THE HELL MOM?!” I shouted.

“I can say the same thing to you! What the hell are you doing with a bat?!” She shouted back.

“What are you doing scaring me like that!” I shouted right back at her. I put the bat down and grabbed the broom from the basement door. When I opened the basement door there was a light on coming from the down stairs. I shook my head and turned it off.

“Why couldn’t you just tell me you were here instead of making me about to kill you?” I asked. My mom started laughing.

“You should know I usually come home around this time.” My mom laughed and took her glass of wine upstairs. I sighed and tossed the broken glass into the trash can. I hate when my mom drinks. She becomes so irresponsible and I am the one taking care of her. It’s supposed to be the other way around. But no…. She has to make me the parent of her.

After I put the broom back I ran up the stairs and into my room. I slid my beats headphones into my phone and listened to music. I tried clearing my mind so I can go to sleep. But there is no way that I can. I haven’t thought about someone like this in I don’t know how long. And to be honest, it makes me feel really good inside and out.