Chapter Thirteen

Chapter Thirteen

~~Dylan~~

My eyes slowly open, weak from all this medicine and chemo. I turned and seen that Kyle was still asleep on the chair next to me and so was my mom. I smiled and turned to look at the time. The clock read '6:51 AM'. I sighed and sat up. I felt like I was about to puke again. I really don't want to. My mom and Kyle are so exhausted from looking after me. I really just want them to sleep.

I felt the puke coming up. I grabbed the trash can beside me in a hurry and started throwing up. I felt like my insides was spilling out in the trash can.

I felt pairs of hands grabbed me. I knew it was Kyle and then my mom. Because soon as Kyle touched me, I felt bolts of electricity shoot through my body.

"Just let it fall baby." Kyle told me. I kept throwing up and throwing up.

"I am going to go get a doctor." Mom said and rushed out of the room in a hurry. I could hear the worriedness to her voice. I always hate when people feel bad for me. I don't need their self-pity. I have been through this before. I can do it again.

I heard footsteps approaching and my throwing up has settled for a few. I leaned up and Kyle wiped my mouth, throwing the napkin in the trash. I smiled at him and looked over to the doctor.

He smiled and walked over to my machine, looking at the details. "How ya' felling, Dylan?" The doctor asked me.

I shrugged and said, "Like I have been ran over by a truck over and over again."

He laughed and said, "That is the chemo working. Just pray that your cancer will go away. I have faith in you kiddo." He walked out of the room with my mom by his side. I turned to Kyle whom was staring at me with worry.

I grabbed his hand and pulled him close to me. "I am going to be fine. I've been through this before, Kyle." I said. He nodded and sat up on the bed, laying his head on my shoulder.

I sure hope I am going to be ok.

~

I felt something dripping from my nose as I was watching TV with mom and Kyle. I gulped and felt my nose. I moved my hand and blood was over my fingers.

"Mom." I said. Mom and Kyle turned to me and their eyes widen. Mom ran out of the room to go get the doctor. Kyle go up and ran to the bathroom. He came back with tissues. He slid them up my nose and tilted my head back.

"I heard footsteps approaching. But I couldn't see anything, considering my head being tilted back.

"Did the bleeding start all of sudden?" The doctor asked.

"Yeah. I felt something up there and then it started bleeding." I informed.

"Get a MRI and a cat scan ready immediately." The doctor told the nurse.

"Why? What's wrong?" Mom asked the doctor.

"If he is having nose bleeds with this, then I am afraid that his cancer may be spreading." The doctor said. I felt like my whole world around me has just crumbled beneath my fingertips.