Kunti's heart

Karna went back to being advisor of Duryodhana, he knew that Bhisma and Vidur also know about him but he could not find courage in himself to go and ask for their blessings, they too were keeping quiet because of his wishes but the way they kept looking towards him was full of love and anticipation.
He felt overwhelmed and somewhat guilty towards them.
He would never even make eye contact with Kunti and always addressed her as rajmata, because he was not ready to have one on one talk with her yet.
Vrushali decided to go work for Bhanumati because ,it was get really tough and awkard working as a maid ,when you have no work to do.
Duryodhana was a smart person and the way his friend Vasu and Pandavas were behaving towards each other, these days, was very weird.
It felt like whenever Vasu and Duryodhana met Pandavas , they were extra respectful and talked to Vasu with such familiarity as if talking to a family member , they would not let Vasu do anything for them and sometimes they have private conversations only with their eyes , it was getting ridiculous and Duryodhana was sure that they were hidding something from him.

One morning when he could not sleep because of all these thoughts regarding Vasu and his cousins, he saw rajmata Kunti going somewhere alone.
It was odd to say the least ,any lady of the royal family would not go out this early in the morning without any gaurds or maids.
He decided to follow her to see ,what the matter was and to protect her if required.

He followed her to the Ganga shore ,nearby the bridge and saw karna offering water to the Surya god ,he got confused thinking why rajmata Kunti was here

He followed her to the Ganga shore ,nearby the bridge and saw karna offering water to the Surya god ,he got confused thinking why rajmata Kunti was here. He decided to hide and see ,what this all was about.
Kunti waited patiently for Karna to finish his prayers.

Karna finished his prayers and saw Kunti waiting for him. Though Kunti’s eyes were filled with tears out of happiness and love for Karna, Karna was so calm. He bowed to Kunti and said,
" Rajamata! How may I assist you? What can I do for you?"

Kunti felt gratified and spoke, “putra,  I am delighted to see my son grown up in such a cultured manner. Karna I am so proud of you. "

Karna was listening to Kunti’s words silently. Karna spoke calmly, rajmata, I was born to you accidentally ,I am not the son you desired."

Kunti was shocked listening to Karna’s words, “Karna !Forgive me for what I have done to you. It’s my fault. It’s my mistake. Being a princess, I felt ashamed and was afraid to take you to the palace or to introduce you to the people as my son, as you were born before me getting married. So I had no other choice but to leave you with a hope that someone will take care of you."

"Of course, you felt ashamed. And as a result of that, I was treated gravely in front of all . I don't have many people in my life who care about me, but I do have some ( thinking about Vrushali, ved Vyas and his Gurudev, mata dharini, and maiya) they have fed me, taught me, took care of me, were concerned about me, gave me strength and consoled and encouraged me when I was depressed. They were everything how a parent should be. Parenting is not only in giving birth but also in taking care of the kid and also in the way how you grow your kids and present them to the world. So, for everything that I’m now and for all the good things I do ,all credit goes to them."karna said with reverence.

Kunti was moved to tears on listening to Karna’s words. Yet she regained her strength and spoke, trying to get Karna to her side, “you are right Putra I am not your parent but Arya Pandu was, the moment he come to know about you ,he loved you and desired to have you in his life, he worried about you and was hopeful about meeting you,he was truly you father and now that you know who you are, I just want to ask for your forgiveness...but I am so ashamed that I don't even have the courage to even ask for that. So, I am asking for punishment , you can give any punishment to me."

"I am not angry with you , rajmata. I have only pointed out the facts but I could never think anything bad for you,what kind of son I would be if I disrespected or punished my own mother,they mother who had suffered immensely already waiting for my return...and it is my bad karma that I never got to meet maharaj Pandu....not ever got to take blessings from my father." Said Vasu as a matter of fact.

Kunti gasped with crying ,her eyes filled with love and warmth,she thought what good deeds ,I must have done to get such a great son...and I don't even deserve him.

"Then ,give this mother of yours a donation. I know you never sent anyone back empty handed."

"Call me mata once,let me hug you and shower my love upon you

"Call me mata once,let me hug you and shower my love upon you....please..my motherly love for you cannot wait anymore ,I am in Agony." Requested Kunti.

Ever since Vasu came to know about his real mother and her love him,he wanted nothing more but to hug her and cry his heart out, feel her love and let all of his pains dissolve in her embrace.

He wanted nothing more then find happiness in his mothers lap....but he had stopped himself until this point,now he would not be able to say no to her.
So ,he touched her feets and let her hug him, the mother son cried to their hearts desire ,in each other embrace....tears of relief, love,union and happiness.

tears of relief, love,union and happiness

-

Duryodhana could not believe what he had just witnessed,Vasu...his friend Vasu was rajmata Kunti's son, Pandavas eldest brother,now everything started to make sense, but he felt hurt and angry towards his cousins.
Why was he never told about any of this, did they still have no faith in him...did they still think that he will plot against them... against Vasu ,if his true identity is revealed to him.
He felt betrayed and devastated.
He returned the palace but could not calm himself down, he wanted answers, patients and calmness were never his qualities, he immediately went to find yudhisthira to talk to him,Demand an explanation.
He found him and all other family members seated waiting for breakfast to be served.
He went towards yudhisthira and gripping him with his shoulders,he said.

"Mitra..Mitra Vasu is your jyestha...he is our jyestha."

Everyone stood up in a hurry shocked at his statement,eyes popped open in disbelief