Telepathy

Life is full of little miracles for instance I had an ABBA song stuck in my head the whole time with Miles. Even after dawn when we were just lying there talking sleepy nonsense, my brain was singing,

' You please me,
you excite me
You're something I'd been pleading for
I love you,
I adore you'

on repeat. And when I blindly followed the sweet smell of coffee into the kitchen, what song was Miles singing along to? I've Been Waiting For You by ABBA.

"Why's your shirt buttoned up all the way?" I asked.

"You'd cover yourself, too, if you saw yourself in the mirror."

I washed my face in the sink before going back to my bedroom and looking into a mirror.

"What the hell, Miles?" I shouted, putting on my robe immediately after seeing my reflection. "I look like a fucking leopard!"

"You tasted like strawberries," he said sweetly.

"How am I supposed to cover these up?"
He broke two eggs in a chiseling pan. I showed him my neck, "look at these! They go all the way around!"

"You said you wanted a necklace."
I could vaguely remember saying something along those lines.

He cut some bread. I poured two cups of coffee and our elbows touched while setting the table.

"And why'd you cover anything up? Am I a dirty little secret?"

"No. I just don't like everyone knowing every little thing about me especially important things." I sat down. "But you don't sound too sad about the possibility."

"I'd be anything you want me to be," He said matter-of-factly then he put the fried eggs on the table. "Bon appetite!"

"I thought you liked your eggs soft," I commented at the fully cooked breakfast.

"Yes, but I didn't know how you like them so I took the safe route."

"It's fine. My dad likes his soft, unlike my mom and I've grown to like mine either way."

"So one could say," he cackled, "you swing both ways."

"It's not funny," I said but I was right there with him, laughing and giggling.

That's the story of how a simple breakfast is the best meal I've ever had even better than the strange thing Dahlia had prepared for herself the same morning. She ended up sharing it with me and it was good but even with the secretive mood of Dahlia's apartment that morning, it didn't hold a candle to my first breakfast.

"It's your turn to host a movie night," I told Dahlia. She took it very well.

"Is it gonna be private? Like always?"

"You can bring Miles."

"That's not..." I started to tell her I was talking about Alex but I didn't. If she was okay with Miles, why would she have a problem with Alex? Especially since last night, they left together and all.

"So what happened last night anyway?"

"Nothing," she said too fast.

She wasn't going to be straight with me so I took matters into my own hand and headed to investigate the crime scene.

"Where are you going?"

"I think I heard a beautiful singing voice, just gonna check that out," I said, "could it be the same person who left the party early. What was the name? Cinderella?"

"I didn't bring Alex home!" She locked her bedroom door before I could turn the nob.

"And you didn't go home with him either?" I crossed my arm.