Chapter 5: Bring on the Bullies

Dog Man was running to the police station. There,  he was greeted by one of the police officers. "Well, well, well," he started. "Look who's back."

That was when another police officer showed up. "Hey, Maude," the male police officer said. "Check out Dog Man's head gear!"

The two cops began laughing at Dog Man, making fun of him. "He looks even more ridiculous than usual," Maude said as she and the cop followed Dog Man, who began walking away.

"What a disgrace," the police officer said.

"What an embarrassment," Maude said.

"What a humiliation!" The police officer laughed.

"You better hide behind that plant like you always do, you come head!" Maude said as they passed by the plant that Dog Man always hid in.

"Yeah, cone head," the male police officer said.

"Cone head, cone head!" Both of the cops laughed as Dog Man found himself in a corner. As the two continued to call me a 'cone head', Dog Man remembered what Maddie told him.

"Remember, anytime you get in trouble, just press the button on top and all of  your wildest dreams will come true."

Taking Maddie's directions, Dog Man pushed the button on his cone. He felt something strange. Metal encased themselves around Dog Man's shoulders and upper chest.

Maude and the cop stopped laughing and watched what was happening. Armor made it down to Dog Man's arms, legs, feet, and hands. Dog Man gained robotic fingers and pulled out the umbrella that his friends added to the suit.

Maude and the police officer were terrified. They wet themselves as Dog Man towered over them in his new suit. They both run away in fear, and hid behind a plant.

Dog Man pushed the button on his cone and he returned to normal. He walked past the officers and entered Chief's office. Chief was writing some letter. He walked over and went under Chief's arm.

"Hey!" Chief said, noticing Dog Man. "Quit bugging me, Dog Man. Can't you see I'm writing an very important letter?"

Chief looked at his letter and showed it to Dog Man. "What do you think of this?" Chief asked. Dog Man sniffed the letter as it read: "Roses are red, violets are blue, you are a Nurse Lady, and I like you. Do you like me?"

Dog Man stick his tongue and blew a raspberry. "I guess you're right, Dog Man," Chief said, ruffling the paper into a ball and throwing it away. "I guess I'll always be alone."

As Chief sat at his desk, Dog Man climbed on top of the desk and hugged him.