A Deal With The Devil

Your body temperature went up immensely at him calling you darling, but the feeling was automatically replaced by disgust at the remembrance of who you were talking to. Aoibhe shook herself before looking back down at the diary where Tom continued to write "I know you don't trust me yet, Aoibhe, but I assure you, this is all in your best interest. Hear me out, and join me in our destiny" Aoibhe felt her breathing hitch at the sight of her name in his pretty handwriting but she took a breath and steadied herself before moving towards her quill.

"I don't know if I can... I need to know more" She writes slowly, still trying to calm herself slightly. "I can tell you anything you want" Aoibhe is about to write more when she hears the door to the bathroom open and jumps up on the toilet, dropping the diary outside the stall in the process, but not daring to peek over and get it. She covers her mouth as she hears the voices speak, boys...

She tries to make out who they are, but she can't assign the voices to anyone she knows. She sits there for a moment, and just when Aoibhe thinks they're going to leave, they see the diary. Aoibhe swears under her breath for her clumsiness as they pick it up and start examining it. She tries to keep her breathing even, hoping Tom didn't write anymore before she dropped the diary. Aoibhe listens as the boys talk about the diary and you thank the gods Myrtle isn't there to give them information.

Finally, the two boys leave, and Aoibhe is left to get down from the toilet and get the hell out of there. However, she curses once more when she realizes the boys took the diary with them... If only she knew who they were... Aoibhe slowly gathers her things back up in her bag and moves out of the stall into the bathroom where she looks at herself in the mirror, fixing her hair and uniform for her next class.

She's fixing her lip gloss, just about to leave, when she remembers something. She looks down at the sink before her and turns the nob slowly. Water runs out of it and she moves slowly towards the next one, water, and the next, until she reaches the last one, except this time, nothing... She looks closer at the faucet and sees a snake engraved on the side. She lets herself look at it for a moment, trying to remember the words Tom had uttered in the memory, but just as she thinks she's getting it, she hears the magnified bell ring and the footsteps of students swarming into the halls.

She stands up and bites her lip, glancing at the faucet once more before she turns and walks outside, blending herself into the crowd, forgetting she didn't turn off the water, and heads down to her next class. She sits in the rest of her classes that day, although instead of focusing on the lessons or taking notes, she writes over and over on every paper what Tom said in the memory...

When she gets out for the day she's decided she has to try at the chamber, even if it's the scariest and most dangerous thing she's ever attempted. She's trying to think of a time to go, counting on her fingers while walking, when she bumps into someone in the hallway. "Bee!" Aoibhe hears the familiar voice shout from above, and she looks up into the eyes of Clara "Hey" Aoibhe says, her voice carrying the weight of their last conversation. "I've been looking everywhere for you, they've only just told me" Clara says quickly, her voice growing high and squeaky, a sign Aoibhe remembers from Clara's panic attacks when they were friends.

Despite Aoibhe's dislike of the girl, she feels bad (and wants to know the news). And so she pats her arm and directs her to a bench in the courtyard, where she calms her "What is it, Clara? What happened?" Clara takes a couple breaths before looking at Aoibhe "The boy that was attacked earlier, did you see his face?" Clara asks, tears starting to form in her eyes. Aoibhe remembers in Transfig someone said the boy was turned over on his face, no one but the teachers knew who he was, although there were suspicions. Aoibhe shook her head, starting to worry.

"It was Tristan" Clara says, tears rolling out of her eyes and she shakes her head, placing her hand over her face. Aoibhe is shocked for a moment before she moves closer to Clara and hugs her around the shoulders, trying to comfort the girl. She rubs her hand in comforting circles on Clara's back, but her mind wanders to the thought of Tristan, cold and pale on the hospital bed...