Stung

Y/n pov:

It was Ben.

"Oh, hey Ben." I said cheerfully and surprised. "Aren't you supposed to be in the maze?"

No reply.

"Ben?" Thomas said, sounding worried.

Ben still didn't reply. He then lunged at Thomas and tackled him to the ground. I screamed at Ben to stop but he didn't. I backed up a little and my foot hit a branch. Suddenly I got and idea.

I picked up the branch and whacked Ben with it, causing him to get off Thomas. Unfortunately my plan backfired, Ben ran towards me as I started to run away. Ben jumped at me and grabbed my waist making me fall to the ground and roll down a small hill. Ben detached from me and I bolted away.

Ben was still chasing me as I ran into the open, screaming. He then lunges at my ankles and pulled me to the ground. He dug his fingernails into my wrists, causing me to scream in pain. I could see Thomas come out of the forest and run over to me and Ben. He launched himself at ben and tackled him to the ground.

By now all of the gladers came running up to us in a panic. I got up off the ground and was pulled by Gally into a protective embrace. Newt ran over to the two boys on the ground and hit Ben in the head with his gardening tool. Newt and some of the other boys pinned Ben to the ground to stop him from attacking anyone else.

Alby came over looking extremely pissed, I can't blame him. Gally let go of me and walked over to our leader. "Alright, lift his shirt." Alby ordered. The boys did so and were shocked at what they saw. "He's been stung? In the middle of the day?" Gally said, highly confused.

Ben obviously knew what was going to happen next and panicked. "No! No! NO!" He screamed.

"Put him in the pit." Alby said.

"Medjacks!" Newt yelled. As the other boys carried Ben to the pit, newt came over to me to make sure I was okay. When he checked me over for any other injuries other than my wrists (which he found none) he gave me a really big hug.

"I'm so glad you're okay." He said, smiling into my hair.

"You have Thomas to thank for that." I replied. "If it weren't for him, I'd be much more injured."

"You do know we have to banish him now, right?" Newt asked.

"I know." I said sadly. "He's stung so we have to." I started to cry. Ben was one of my best friends and after tonight, he'll be gone.

"It's okay." Newt soothed me, pulling me into another hug. "He's my friend too. As much as I don't want to banish him, I have to."

~time skip~

I stood at the maze doors with all the other boys, waiting for Minho to bring Ben. All the keepers, newt and Alby had "T" shaped poles so they could push Ben into the maze while some of the other boys had spears. Thomas was standing beside me while chuck was at the treehouse.

Minho came over with a bag of meat and Ben, who was in a singlet and shorts with his hands bound behind his neck. He was pushed into the middle of the circle and his ropes were cut. Minho threw the bag into the maze and watched. I was beginning to cry as my friend was forced into the maze. When he was behind the doors, he screamed bloody murder. That broke me.

I turned to Thomas and cried into his chest. He put his arms comfortingly around me and rubbed my back. Newt, Minho and Gally came over and I ran into their arms. Newt then picked me up and carried me to our hut.