8

"So, I just find songs that have the same chord progressions and create a track that blends them together! This is the new base line! And this is matching up downbeats!" You talked loudly, showing Akutagawa your DJ-ing set up. Then removed your headphones.

"Oh, I was talking really loud..." You said, quieting down, smiling apologetically.

"Oh uh, that's me singing." You pointed at the sound waves.

Akutagawa gently takes the headphones, wearing it, and had his eyebrows lift up in approval.
"This is really good!" He says loudly, the said oops after.
"Now I'm the one yelling." He sheepishly laughs.

You chuckled, nodding. He removed the headphones, handing them back to you with a wide smile.

"You're remixes are amazing, Y/N." He says.

You hummed, looking away. "Thanks."

He huffs. "So! I took Atsushi out on a date earlier." He said.

"And?? Tell me about it." You grinned, leaning on your chair.

"He's a really great guy! And I tell you, when he smiled at me after I gave him new gloves because he broke his, I felt my heart soar to the sky." He giggles like a highschool girl.

You also giggled. "That's so sweet! I'm rooting for you to catch Atsushi's heart!" You grinned.

"Well The second date would be tomorrow and I'm planning on-"

The door opens, cutting your giggling session with Akutagawa, revealing Montgomery with his friends.

"Oh. The alt boy's back." He says.

"And I'm out." Akutagawa sighs.

"See you, Y/N!" He smiles before leaving.

You sighed, shaking your head.

.
.
.

"Fuck, I should've taken that cardio thing seriously." Sanzu said, panting as you all finished a practice session.

"How much have you done?" Mikey asks.

"You just saw it." He deadpanned.

"Draken, you gotta be able to hit that last note." Izana sighs.

"I cant. It's impossible." Draken says in distress. "It's because of my--"

"Nodes." You all said in unison.

"Well, if you can't do it, then someone else needs to do the solo." Ran said.

"... I think Y/N should take the solo." Mikey spoke up.

"Yeah Y/N would be excellent." Kakucho nodded.

"Mhm. But also, someone else might be equally as excellent." Sanzu hummed, expectantly looking at Izana.

"Well, Y/N doesn't want a solo so..." Izana trails off.

"Oh, no! I would be happy to do it!" You said. "If I got to pick a new song and do an arrangement-"

"Well, that's not how we run things here." Izana cuts you off.

"Izana, maybe Y/N has a point... Maybe we could try something new." Draken said, shaking his shoulders.

"Aca-xcuse me? You can sing Turn The Beat Around and that's the last I wanna hear of this." There's Izana's eerie smile again.

You sighed. "That song is tiring... We're not gonna win with it.... If we pull samples from different genres and layer them together, we can make--"

"Okay, let me explain something to you because you still dont seem to get it." Izana snaps at you, cutting you off once more.

"Our goal is to get back to the finals and these songs will get us there. So excuse me if I don't take advice from some alt boy with his mad lib beats because he's never even been in competition. Have I made myself clear?" He smiles.