Turning point part 3

-Paris-

-Hachiman POV-

"Wait, what?"

"Hahahaha!" Azazel burst out laughing in the background. "It was nothing, just tryna have some fun with the kid. And look with my little experiment, I even gave him wings!"

It's hard to imagine that the fallen angel's faction was still standing to this day with a guy like this at the helm. In the deepest darkest corner of my soul, I did feel the slightest bit of sympathy for Baraquiel.

It got squashed the moment I remembered that these two probably knew each other for millennia and Baraquiel still sent him to me.

'Both of them need a beating in the future.'

"Azazel when I said I would let you take care of some things I didn't mean further ruining the already strained relationship I have with Hikigaya-kun." Baraquiel was rubbing his temples with dealing with the aftermaths of his friend's slash brother's action.

"You're too uptight Baraquiel, I'm sure that young Hachiman here, didn't mind the fun trip I gave him. And if you think about it, if it wasn't for me, he wouldn't have evolved his Vritra gear to this point any time soon." Said Azazel with a lopsided grin.

Though he was frustrated as hell, he did have a point, my progress was flat these last few days.

With [Prison Wings] now in my possession, I could manoeuvre around more fluidly as compared with my [Levitation] spell. I could even reach speeds I thought impossible before.

And it just looked so freaking cool.

"Azazel, this was supposed to be a simple conversation, you could have teleported him instea-" he was interrupted by Azazel slapping his back with good humor.

"Now where's the fun in that? Listen, I know you got some serious issues that need to be dealt with. But with your serious attitude, I doubt it would have gone smoothly.

"I gave young Hachiman here a quick training trip to show him what we are capable of in training him. He has been under the care of the Gremory girl for years, yet showed little progress.

"In only a few minutes under my care, he gained a newfound power. See this is as a gesture of goodwill from our side."

Don't they realise I can hear their conversation?

Like seriously, the man is going on a tangent on how he planned this all out to gain a positive opinion from me.

"I still expect an apology, Azazel."

Looking at me, Azazel gained a thoughtful look. "Well, I may have kinda gone overboard there. So I'll make it to you in the future. What do you say?"

I just hope it's not something crazy, "sure as long as you tell me, why you sent Vali after me."

I still wanted to know the full story behind it.

...

After sorting out our discussion, Azazel shared his contact number in case I ever needed any help or information.

I may dislike the guy, but having such a powerful person in my contacts was a huge boon. I really appreciated everything Sona and Rias do for me, with the Bawler incident coming to mind, having an extra source of intel wasn't so bad.

He left me with Baraquiel with a few parting words, "Take it easy on the guy, he is just trying to be a father."

In that split second his cheerful expression darkened a lot showing hints of self-hatred and regret. He tried hidding it but it was impossible to do so from me.