Guilt

​Hiiiii~ Another chapter is here!

Also I reworked chapter 1-10, it is now a lot better than before with far less grammatical errors and new lines.

beta read by n1ch, Shigiya, Solitary heart and 8kagi

Also read 4 chapters weeks early on my p@treon at /NimtheWriter.

---------------

The soul is an interesting concept; according to Father's teachings, the soul is said to be the only thing that would remain after the corporeal bodies of humankind return to ashes, and thus only their soul remains-immortal, undying. Some would say that it is the spiritual or immaterial part of a human being, animal, and any supernatural species, while others would say it's the emotional or intellectual energy, especially as revealed in a work of art or an artistic performance.

Depending on the context it could mean different things. But what about the soul that acted as the anchor for us to remain alive? When we die, do we remain immortalized forever in our respective pantheons' afterlife?

Well, that's a yes and a no.

For example, Hades, the god of the underworld, guards the souls of the damned with an iron fist, never to let a single one escape his domain, forever doomed to live out their eternity in the darkness of the underworld. Some depicted him as cruel while others painted him as a neutral entity, for his role was to judge the dead impartially.

As for the system created by Father, the souls are spilled in the river of reincarnation waiting for their turn to be reborn. Heaven is not what it once was; it's former splendor faded away with the absence of the Father, and as such, some things were in dire need of change to accommodate this.

In the end, all of this was the journey the soul has to take after death.

I guess what I'm trying to make you consider is this; What makes a soul?

Some imagine it like a droplet of water, which can be divided into infinite portions, while at the same time can be puddled together indefinitely until it becomes an ocean. But unfortunately, that is not the case for most living beings.

It is akin to an infinite puzzle, with each piece showing off a part of the picture with undefined parameters. Every single one of them plays a crucial role and, as such, can't be replaced-for there could never be two of the same piece.

At least, that's what I have gathered with my research.

Now what would happen if a soul is reunited with a small part of it, then it would become whole once again. But what if, there were hundreds of the same pieces of soul, how would the original fuse with them all, without killing itself?

Only one being knew the answer, and unfortunately, he had gone silent for the last two years.

-Azazel's research notes on 'Introduction of the Soul'.

{Break}

-Hachiman POV-

I have always hated killing others, and I despise it even more now.

Not because I thought no one deserved death, rather I hated taking away their lives with my own hands. I had already taken enough as it is.

I could not remember what happened after I let Vritra take control, I could not even ask him for he had gone silent in a deep slumber once again. Never to respond, never to joke around with me.

I tried everything to wake him up; my sacred gear still worked and I retained my large power boost, but I just feel so hollow without him. He was not just a friend, but a part of me who I nearly lost due to my own hubris. This worsened when I learned what happened in Paris.