Chapter 5

Chapter 5

Ayla Pov:

Oh my god.. I felt like dying right now. I peeked out from the tree where I was hiding and noticed the colombian woman moving her head enthusiastically, searching for any trail where I went.. and exhale with relief as she headed to the other side of the opposite direction of the town...

Isabela has been after me three weeks now, and I keep avoiding her like plague.. every time she's around, Isabela doesn't stop her seductive way and tenacity in getting us back together.

I almost caved in when she had the opportunity to have me all to herself. She almost stripped me naked. Fortunately, Camilo appeared, giving me an excuse to flee from that seductress woman...

I'm still not used to Isabela's seductive and straight-forward demeanor... well, whatever the case may be, i can still manage to avoid and hide from her.. for the time being..

"What are you doing, Ayla? And why are you hiding behind a tree.?"- I heard Mirabel voice behind me, at the same time breaking me from my own thoughts..

I smile sheepishly and scratch my neck, being embarrassed...

"U-Ummm.. well, you s-see, I'm hiding from your sister again."- I chuckle awkwardly and look sideways, not meeting her curious gaze..

Mirabel laughed as my face turned crimson, hearing my silly reason..

"Well, good luck with that.. I know my sister can be stubborn,Ayla. But she will not stop until she gets what she wants."- I groaned and slumped down under the tree..

Mirabel giggles before sitting down beside me, I stare at the view in front of us.. loving the orange color from the sky, as birds flying to find their mate, while the others building their nest, and finally laying eggs..

"You know, Isabela told me everything, about you two still dating in secret, and how you persuaded her to treat me kindly and repair our sisterly bond, and I didn't get to say my thanks to you Ayla.. Isabela changed for the best when you left the Encanto. She becomes the nicest, most understanding, and loving sister to Luisa and myself...

She shows us her genuine personality, and all I can say is thank you Ayla, thank you for loving and being patient with my sister. I'm overjoyed that my sister has fallen in love with you.. But Ayla, I was wondering why you can't give my sister another chance when I can see you still love her as much as you did before."- I sighed, slowly turning my attention to her..

"Do you really want to know the truth? I'm scared.. scared that the past repeated again.. I love your sister so much, Mirabel, but I can't handle another heartbreak. My family and my little Daniela are the only people who keep me from being sane, I had to guard and take care of my heart, Mirabel."- I said with a conflicted feeling..

"Hmmmm... that is hard, fear is every person's enemy, weakness, the same as their brain.. even if you forgive my sister, you can't forget that hurtful moment, especially where it hurts the most. You're still healing, I understand that.. but can you at least give my sister a chance? Just one date, that's all.. and if you can't really handle being around her, tell her that you can still be friends, so she could slowly move on from you, it's not be easy but she'll understand, someday she will find someone to love again."- she said and patted my shoulder..

She stood up, leaving me lost in my own thoughts. Maybe I overdid it. Now I feel a bit guilty..

And I feel something squeezing my heart thinking Isabela finally moving on.. with gritted teeth and clench hands, I started to walk and go where Isabela went..